X

Gas Mileage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Mileage

just bought a bike, factory says 45 but i am wondering what most people get for mpg's on a mid 90's 750 katana?

45mpg sounds reasonable if you're cruising at 65-70mph on the highway in 6th gear. Once you increase rpm's and run it hard all bets are off. I know I use to get 50mpg with my 600 cruising, but dropped to 35mpg when pushing it hard.
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho1 View Post
      45mpg sounds reasonable if you're cruising at 65-70mph on the highway in 6th gear. Once you increase rpm's and run it hard all bets are off. I know I use to get 50mpg with my 600 cruising, but dropped to 35mpg when pushing it hard.
      even 35 is good compared to some cars out there lol I really need to figure what I'm getting.. keep forgetting to write that shizz down
      1992 kat 600 Mods, mesh sides dual head lights custom mounted gauges, racing chain, integrated tail light, custom mounted license plate mount. :bunny2

Comment

48.6 last fill up on my 600.
        Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Comment

I'd be extremely happy with 40 if you're taking it easy and just cruising.

Hell, I'm lucky to get 40 on my 636 when I actually ride it.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

My '93 750 regularly returned over 50 mpg when touring - better than my '05. The last 4 fuel-ups averaged 53.6 MPG with a best of 55MPG. (In the photo to the left, it was getting about 20 MPG! )
            Last edited by TRPUT; 03-20-2012, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X