No announcement yet.
X

well I layed her down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

better your gear then your skin !!! I'm a wuss .. I ride mostly full leather and since I'm a wuss in all senses .. full insulted texile when it gets cold

I know wearing gear is a personal choice but damn I rather see someone like you that post most of the damages done to material things then the other way around.
    Guylaine
    Try and keep up now

Comment

Originally posted by Sky View Post
      better your gear then your skin !!!
      +1 Just imagine if that damage to your gear was on your skin instead. You think you're in pain now? You would probably be laid up in the hospital right now instead of at home with some minor abrasions.
      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Yup I think all in all I got pretty lucky,for one I hit the asphalt not the car going 40+ mph,second I have all my limbs,Third the bike is an easy fix!!The gear did what it was supposed to actually if you look at the pic of my bare right hand and then the gloved right hand there is no damage to the skin where the glove tore!I bought a little nicer pair this time around,those were thinner than I wish I would have had.Got a thicker jacket too with hard shell inserts and stealtoe boots.I learned my lesson when it comes to gear spend more BLEED less!!!

Comment

I wear my gear all of the time. Question, what do you all wear for pants? I wear khakis since I work in IT and when I'm not working I wear jeans. That's the area I know that I'm vulnerable, but I don't feel I have many options.
          2014 Ducati Monster 1200
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Originally posted by ktykat View Post
            Yup I think all in all I got pretty lucky,for one I hit the asphalt not the car going 40+ mph,second I have all my limbs,Third the bike is an easy fix!!The gear did what it was supposed to actually if you look at the pic of my bare right hand and then the gloved right hand there is no damage to the skin where the glove tore!I bought a little nicer pair this time around,those were thinner than I wish I would have had.Got a thicker jacket too with hard shell inserts and stealtoe boots.I learned my lesson when it comes to gear spend more BLEED less!!!
            +1
            sigpic
            1989 GSX750F Kat GSXR750 engine Yoshi pipe Jet Kit K&N filters
            Former US Navy, but I'll always be a sailor.

The wrench turning I can do, but its the knowledge about Bikes I'm lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by astevens54 View Post
              I wear my gear all of the time. Question, what do you all wear for pants? I wear khakis since I work in IT and when I'm not working I wear jeans. That's the area I know that I'm vulnerable, but I don't feel I have many options.
              You -do- know they make ARMORED jeans, and I think Khakis, right?

Alpinestars and Icon IIRC... to name a few.
              Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
              Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
              2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

Originally posted by ktykat View Post
                Thanks for the info on parts just ordered the cover!!Now I need turn signals!
                It does suck that people don't watch out for bikers The person never even slowed down I doubt they even realized I was there at all!!!I am really sore this morning pretty bruised up,I still wanna ride though and I went to work this morning!!A bus driver I work with ,who said I couldn't handle the bike when I first got it,said "so I guess your not so tough now right?"My response was "well I layed it down I have road rash,bumps and bruises....but I'm here I showed up even though I can barely walk,if that doesnt make me tough I don't know what does and besides I didn't even break a nail!!! She didn't have much to say to that,just I'm glad your ok!!
                Typical cager. They always think you have to prove yourself to them.
                Glad to hear your already back in the saddle.

I wear Rev'it Factor (both pants and jacket) all the time. You can easily wear them over your jeans.
                Last edited by ErrEs; 02-27-2012, 04:57 PM. Reason: Disfunctional link :p
                Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

I wear speed & strength jacket n gloves, using my combat boots till I get my Icon boots. S&s makes armored jeans to plan on getting a pair of them and a pair of textile ones.
                  Last edited by Po3Bowers; 02-27-2012, 06:22 PM.
                  sigpic
                  1989 GSX750F Kat GSXR750 engine Yoshi pipe Jet Kit K&N filters
                  Former US Navy, but I'll always be a sailor.

The wrench turning I can do, but its the knowledge about Bikes I'm lacking.

Comment

The road rash doesn't look too bad as road rash goes. Looks like the gear did it's job. My wife's impressed about your nails, though.
                    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Sorry if I missed it but what brand gloves were those? Looks like it one of them ripped right along the seem where the two fabrics meet.
                      Kyle

Comment

I use Vega textile armored pants one size too large so I can wear them over my dress slacks or suit pants for work. I got them on sale at the local shop for $65.00.

I also have some armored leather pants for the weekend rides.
                        sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                        1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                        2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                        First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                        Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
                          Sorry if I missed it but what brand gloves were those? Looks like it one of them ripped right along the seem where the two fabrics meet.
                          they look like skiing gloves to me , im not surprised they are damaged like that, ive seen much bulkyer gloves get totally shreded to bits
                          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Glad you are ok..........
                            sigpic
                            98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
                            Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

They are called knighthoods armoured gloves,ordered them on ebay!!Husband thought they were alittle thin even for summer riding gloves although they had hard plastic knuckle armour the palms were under protected.He said I needed to find some better gloves,I agreed,not knowing I'd be on the ground 5 days later!I ordered joe rocket phoenix gloves this time around,alot more pricey,but my hid is worth it!!
                              Last edited by ktykat; 02-29-2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

grats on the new gloves whenever you buy expensive protective gear youre doing yourself a favour. When it comes to gear you get what you pay for.
                                2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Working...
                                X