X

NEW GSX-650 Katana , Old member... ha ha

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolfe_UK View Post
    Neither is the teapot next to it, but it's still a GSX of sorts.. which is what matters around here, right?
    It's not like I'm downing on his new bike y'all. Mods, best delete my thread, must've been out of line.
    In the US the teapot is still labeled a Katana, technically it isn't and I know it is simply labled as gsxf to the rest of the world. But nowhere in the world is the new gsxf models label katanas.
    Last edited by cintidude04; 10-26-2011, 01:13 PM.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
      It's not like I'm downing on his new bike y'all. Mods, best delete my thread, must've been out of line.
      In the US the teapot is still labeled a Katana, technically it isn't and I know it is simply labled as gsxf to the rest of the world. But nowhere in the world is the new gsxf models label katanas.

Its all good my man, I wasn't upset at all.... I just don't know really what to call it other than a GSX-F 650. I just went with GSX650 Katana because it replaced the prior version Katana when it went fuel injected.
      Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

Congrats on the new bike. It's not red either, though. What's up with that?
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Congrats! You've got 2 sweet bikes there!
          Still riding on back sissy girl???

Comment

Fuel Injected... I'm jealous.
            2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
            2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
            1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
            1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
            1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by voodoobilly View Post
                Welcome to KR!

HAHA.... I'm not new.... lol
                Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

congrats on the new Katana-ish bike.. LOL
                  My Ideal woman (Indigo Rose).... she's beautiful even whens she's dirty, she lets me ride her all day and doesn't complain, and when I touch her she always screams....
                  sigpic

Comment

thank ya... thank ya...

I just purchased the new Yoshimura R-77 Exhaust for it.... Is there anything special I need to do to tune the bike for the new slip-on, or since its fuel injected will the computer just adjust accordingly for the higher flowing exhust?

Also, can anybody find a good undertail for this bike for me, I've seen 2 options so far and I'm not too impressed.....?

THANks
                    Last edited by RedKat91; 11-02-2011, 07:14 AM.
                    Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

If it is just a slip on you shouldnt have to worry. Full exhaust and stuff like that you will need a powercommander
                      1992- project katfighter
                      2005- GSXR750
                      2001- TL1000R
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                        If it is just a slip on you shouldnt have to worry. Full exhaust and stuff like that you will need a powercommander

Got ya... yea, I wasn't sure if I needed to do anything special.... Thanks.
                        Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

Well, my new exhaust should be here on Tuesday (so says UPS tracking).... and my new custom undertail, and custom turn signals should be here as well soon enough!
                          Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

Curious to know what the sales figures have been for these bikes...

The fad that supersports are the only cool bikes will hopefully run it's course and these all'rounder bikes stay in the market... I know the new v-strom should be good, and hopefully a new sv650 is on the way.

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

No idea.... all I know is that the deal was WAYYY too good to pass up. Got it for Thousands less than it should have cost. It was selling as a "Used" bike because it had been titled once prior to an owner that bought it, rode it only 1 season for 300 miles, and then had to sell it off. Bike was never dropped, and the tires still had the nobbs on them. Then on top of it I got a seasonal discount on the bike due to winter coming. I paid only $3600 or so for the bike total.

Just wait until I can post some new pics up for you with the upgrade parts going on!
                              Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

Congrats on the pic put.
                                Godspeed
                                CSBA #1167
                                Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Working...
                                X