X

Motor Flush???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Flush???

My kat is pushing 36000 miles and it seems like as soon as I change the oil its already black after one ride. My question, is there a safe way to flush the motor out like there is a car? I run the factory recommended oil and K&N oil filter. Thanks for any input.
    sigpic

Admin Removed Sig Due to Words. Do not Go Around the Swear Filter. Thank you KR MGMT

Haha.....

The only good way I know of is to change the oil and filter several times in a season. I guess you could try some kerosene or sea foam mixed with your oil as is done in so,e cars, but I have never tryed that on a mc engine.
    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

you said the K word!

disconnect the oil cooler should get old oil out of the bike. filter too.
      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
      Tony
      94 Katana 600

Comment

my shop sells one by well worth out of buffalo which is very high quality. i asked the sales guy if it works in bike he said yes. but the industrial strength chemicals will cause havoc on the seals if the whole kit is poured in. so use your basic high school math is/of = %/100 and it will be safe. make sure once u put the kit in the bike runs up to operating temp(around 15 mins). also if u are using synthetic oil be sure to buy a engine flush kit that supports that oil. huge difference. heres a link to the stuff we sell. our shop sell it for 18 bucks with an oil change. http://www.wellworthproducts.com/ind...category_id=40

Comment

Working...
        X