No announcement yet.
X

In Memory of CyberPoet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only know Marc on the board but his knowledge, personality, kindness, attitude, and over all love for being out there and free on two wheels has touched all that got to read his posts, or hear his voice. I heard the news from Sin while I was staying at his house for a trip (just goes to show you the extensive family and brotherhood/sisterhood that we have here at katriders). Marc is forever a part of the KR family and forever in the fabric that brings us all together. Miles to go....Miles. Ride on Brother.....
    1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
    2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
    Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

the funeral is today?
      hope he stays on top for a while longer.
      Top Poster: The CyberPoet (26,657)

Comment

I never met Marc in person and that is my loss and my fault. I got my Kat after reading his advice and sending him some newbie PM's. Most of the work that is done to it was either on his advice or influenced by it in some way. What a loss...

On to happier things, my memories of him include a few things:

First was a trip we made to Florida, I was going to head over for a visit and a few beers but when it rained the day before the group switched plans for the day I was going to steal our rental and meet the man who made me buy my bike. The conversation to him after I was asked by my group not to take the car all day went like this: No problem, I'll be here and you'll miss the beer. Next time you are going to have to ride down and make good on the meal.

I was going to make good on that this next spring with an epic ride to meet an epic guy...

Next was all the little things that we both did to our bikes and how much they ended up being alike without even trying. We were both thinking about modifying a corbin backrest to be more comfortable for our women when they rode along. I sent him a PM about the idea to get his impression and he told me that he had been thinking about doing the same exact thing. I was humbled that my garage ramblings matched closely to those of the Katana god.

Pegs are down tomorrow brother please join me on my ride. Time to sit with the Kat and a beer in honor of a great man.
        Last edited by ChuglyXJ; 09-26-2009, 01:58 PM.
        Where ever, whenever I go for a ride, may I be joined by friends that have died.

RIP Cyber Poet, watch over us all Marc

Comment

Originally posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
          I'm sad to hear cyber passed away. I never knew him personally, and he was one person I did want to meet. I've have nothing but respect for him. I knew he helped everyone anyway he could. If he couldn't, he would post a link or refer you to someone who did. He was always on, and very quick to reply pm's. I had asked him ver noob questions when I first joined, because he was mr. Know it all (and nicer than arsenic ) but he would help and respond with an Essay of an answer. I hate reading how great of a person he was because I tear up. I just wish I could have met a great person. I bet he went to heaven, was talking to God about EVERYTHING, and I bet God was like "Uuuhhhhh I have this thing I gotta go to, but Einstein is coming up with some new formila, something about time travel or something, you should go talk to him." I can just imagine the big guy up stairs blowing CP off cuz he would question everything and would wanna know EVERYTHING pegs down brotha, Godspeed. We miss you dearly.
          No doubt, no doubt!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

R.I.P. Marc (The Cyber Poet)

My passi pegs will remain down for you for this next week brother! Will be riding tomorrow in your honor! You truely are a great, great man and your legend and knowledge will live on forever more. Rest In Peace...for you will be missed!
            sigpic

Comment

This was a really good idea for a thread. Thanks to everyone who posted up pictures and shared their memories. It really helps to paint a picture of who he was.

Comment

Marc was so much of an influence to us all, that when his Kat got ripped off, We KatRiders joined together and donated money for a Kat when he was on hard times. That became the The 1200 Dollar Special Redux of Rodimus...
                Marc gave me so many little pointers while I was still riding around a parking lot training, and some of those techniques saved my and my wifes lives when things got hairy... His advice is GOLD... Do not remove any of his threads, Please... They are too valuable to everyone.
                I MISS HIM SOOO MUCH... RIP Marc...
                2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

I took a memorial ride today, and wrote a little about it. here is the thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=102551

erik
                  May the road rise up to meet you.
                  May the wind always be at your back.
                  May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                  and rains fall soft upon your fields.
                  And until we meet again,
                  May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
                  RIP Marc

Comment

I'm just too ****in sad to read this!

Comment

I don't have any stories to tell about CyberPoet, but all I can say is he helped me with a problem on my bike. He gave me a detailed email on 9/16/09 in helping me analyze my problem. Also, I learned a lot from his site and all his posts.

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                        This pic is my Desktop Backround on my PC. Totally Epic Shot MD

Comment

Originally posted by Rodimus View Post
                          This pic is my Desktop Backround on my PC. Totally Epic Shot MD
                          That is a great picture of Marc
                          2007 Honda CBR600rr
                          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                          sigpic

Comment

I'am sorry to hear that he passed may he R.I.P i never got the chance to talk to him ;(

Comment

To All,

You have been invited to view Marc Glasgow's memorial website at: www.imorial.com/marcsaglasgow/

I would ask anyone who spoke at the memorial to add your speeches as tributes either under comments or memories.

Anyone interested in adding your own pictures, videos, stories and comments, please used my Login and Password below, otherwise you will only be able to view the page.

This page will be continuously updated, so check back often.

Go to www.imorial.com/marcsaglasgow/
                              Click on SIGN IN at the upper right corner of the screen and enter the login info below.

Login Email: [email protected]
                              Password: cyberpoet

Thanks,
                              Paula Selvidge

Comment

I never had the chance to talk with him due to me joining KR after he passed. I have read many threads and posts by hime and reading this thread I feel that I know him and even after he has passed on he has helped me out with a few small problems with my Kat and some basic questions I had about riding and care for the bike. He was one of those people that are true to who they are and help anybody that he can. I just wish that i could have had the chance to meet/talk with him. I am hoping to ut a ride together in my area in honor of him and all that he stood for. I will start a thread closer to the date of his pasing. A song comes to mind when I read about him, Dust in The Wind by Kansas For those of you that can't think of the lyrics here they are.

I close my eyes, only for a moment, and the moment's gone
                                All my dreams, pass before my eyes, a curiosity
                                Dust in the wind, all they are is dust in the wind
                                Same old song, just a drop of water in an endless sea
                                All we do, crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see

Dust in the wind, All we are is dust in the wind

Don't hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
                                It slips away, all your money won't another minute buy

Dust in the wind, All we are is dust in the wind

Marc, may god rest your soul and and keep your heart in the right place. Pegs are down if ya ever want a ride.

Thank you for your help CP,
                                Adam (WildSide)

Comment

Working...
                                X