X

What type of pants do you wear?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wear Alpinestars "Air Flo" pants.
    They have knee and shin protection. Adjustable waist straps. Side pockets.
    I like that they zip from the cuff, up the side and over the front of the knee for easy boot access.
    I also wear This Alpinestars Tech Jacket and SMX boots. Ive got a couple of pairs of Joe Rocket gauntlet gloves.
    I really need to up grade my helmet. It's a couple of years old now, and doesn't fit quite as snug as I'd like.

"Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

ballistics 5.0, very comfortable to ride in even in 70 degree heat. THe other half the time jeans.
      Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

I have a pair of leather pants for railing/ long rides.
        I also have chaps..
        I'm looking to get rid of them if anyone is interested.

Like these:

Bearly show use..
        32 inseam..

Comment

Has anyone gone down in dragon jeans before? What is the outcome? Do they provide that much help?

Thanks,
          Ryan

Comment

i wear jeans for local transportation needs.... but for long or sporty riding... i wear either my joe rocket ballastic textile pants... or my 2 piece frank thomas leathers.

Comment

i have a few pairs of "riding jeans" from icon. my favorite pair so far or the anthem style. they are made just for riding w/ lots of aramid, padding, and vent/streching spots in the knees.

the nicest thing is i can walk into a store w/o feeling like a homo. they look pretty much like any other pair of jeans.
              I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
              http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Originally posted by revkat
                Has anyone gone down in dragon jeans before? What is the outcome? Do they provide that much help?

Thanks,
                Ryan
                ??

Comment

Jeans

Comment

Full two piece Frank Thomas leathers 90% of the time. If not then it is jeans, running to the store, etc.

Our MSF instructor showed us a pair of jeans he went down in at less than 20 mph, they were shreaded. So I really don't have any confidence in plain jeans but they are so comfortable compared to the leathers.

Comment

I Read somewhere that jeans only have protection at a slide of 3 feet!! I just wish no one has to find out!!

Comment

not exactly......I went down about 2 years ago @60+....a lady cme into a turn VERY wide and pushed me off the curve....either that or a HEAD ON...I chose to go down. I slid for about 20 ft on asphalt and pea gravel, until I hit the ditch then began to tumble....Dickie jeans never tore!!!! My helmet (shoei) was a little worse for wear though....I came out of it with NO road rash.....broken and dislocated left wrist and right ankle...but no road rash!!! Yet another good reason to wear a helmet ALWAYS. But, I will be getting some JR overpants this year....
                        you must want to win MORE than you are afraid to lose

Comment

Yeah ? I bounced off one of those concrete barriers at about 60 before , and my knee was the only part of my jeans that hit anything , and only for a couple feet , but the jeans were TOAST , as was alot of skin on my knee . Also did a slow-speed (maybe 35-ish) lowside in jeans , and only had a hole in my pocket from my keys , yet I slid for longer than the above wreck . In tests jeans seem to last for just a couple feet , and I think that's pretty realistic unless you get lucky .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by jason05
                            i wear jeans for local transportation needs.... but for long or sporty riding... i wear either my joe rocket ballastic textile pants... or my 2 piece frank thomas leathers.
                            liar...Cyber said you wear these

Comment

Thanks,
                              Ryan
                              ??
                              Personally Ive never gone down with them on, but Ive seen a guy from a local group of riders around my area who went down on them.. slow speed, low side... he came out of it with no rash on his lower body and he said the jeans held up well with minimal damage. Again this was a low speed incident though so I dont know how far he slid on the pavement when he went down.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat

Thanks,
                                Ryan
                                ??
                                Personally Ive never gone down with them on, but Ive seen a guy from a local group of riders around my area who went down on them.. slow speed, low side... he came out of it with no rash on his lower body and he said the jeans held up well with minimal damage. Again this was a low speed incident though so I dont know how far he slid on the pavement when he went down.

Thanks....

Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X