X

Givi side case mount and compatible cases

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Givi side case mount and compatible cases

I have a line on a Givi PL533 mounting brackets for the Givi monokey cases.

Anyone know if there are compatible cases that work with the Givi mounting system?

tx Barekat
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
    1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
    1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
    1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Stop into this area for all things touring related. Get all the info. you need
    on how to prepare for long rides and tours. Whether you're a true iron butt
    or a beginner to long rides, this is where you want to be.

Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.

-Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thanks Steves, I did read the first thread before and the second one only offers another mounting kit.

I'm getting the givi pl533 mounting kit so I wanted to know if other manufacturers bags would work.
      1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Givi and Givi's sisters clone "Kappa"...fits givis

Kappa cases are made by Givi. They are their discount line.

BTW I use 46 topbox ltr as panniers and a 52 ltr as top box
        Last edited by ManQu; 06-04-2013, 12:43 AM.
        I'm outa here

Comment

Yep, I run Kappa cases on Givi-style mounts made by SW Motech. Just ensure you get "monokey" compatible cases as opposed to "monolock" which use a different mount.

Comment

Great! thanks for the information ManQu and TRPUT.

I like the 33L Kappa casses.
            1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Actually, I just came back from a 6 day trip that was a good test for the Kappa gear. 53l top box and 40l panniers. I like them because they are rated to hold 10kg (about 22lb) unlike others that size only rated at 6 - 8kg, including Givi. They also have a stated speed rating of 120kph (about 75mph). Well, I had a little over 10kg in them and at times travelled at over 120kph. They also bounced over some very potholed tarmac and corrugated dirt. I even tried to wipe one off on a wall when I forgot I was in "wide-load" mode. They stayed securely attached and sealed out dust and rain. So, they may well be Givi's "budget line", but their performance exceeds expectations. Another tip ... if you are going to get all 3 boxes, get them keyed alike.

Last edited by TRPUT; 06-04-2013, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
                Yep, I run Kappa cases on Givi-style mounts made by SW Motech. Just ensure you get "monokey" compatible cases as opposed to "monolock" which use a different mount.
                Just as an afterthought ,The monokey system is usually larger topboxes and panniers than the monolock system.
                A change of fixing plate from one type to the other is all that's required only on topbox racks...the panniers are type specific
                Last edited by ManQu; 06-05-2013, 03:50 PM.
                I'm outa here

Comment

Yeh, but I'm pretty sure the PL533 frame is dedicated to Monokey and would be either impossible, a PITA or an added expense to convert to Monolock.

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
                    Yeh, but I'm pretty sure the PL533 frame is dedicated to Monokey and would be either impossible, a PITA or an added expense to convert to Monolock.
                    Yes Yes Yes....doh.

I ment the topbox rack only ...sorry....funny it sounded so right in my head, but not in text reading back....all edited now
                    I'm outa here

Comment

So I found another Givi/Kappa mounting bracket... Kappa (a subsidiary of Givi) offers a side mount kit #KL530

Hopefully the PL533 Givi mount I'm getting tomorrow is complete.

I think I'm going to purchase a pair of Givi E35N... 70 litres of storage for socks and underwear.

Below is a picture of the cases mounted (different make/model)

1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

I picked up the Givi PL533 monokey side case mounting kit today.

They were very good quality and a sturdier construction than I expected.

Two hanger brackets were missing (second picture) so I fabricated a couple of brackets from some crap I had in the garage.

The kit requires the relocation of the rear indicators and again the quality of the Givi mounts was excellent with the proper detentes to mount the stock signals. Extending the wiring was fairly straight forward but it required some ugly Gorilla duct tape to attached the wiring to the outside of the brackets. It would have been nice if the wires could have been fished through the tubular mounts.

So, the plan is to purchase some Givi E36NJ bags and have them shipped to a hotel in State College, PA (being the first destination of this years bike trip). Then I'll transfer my socks and underwear to the Givi bags and dispose of the old soft bags.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by BareKat; 06-08-2013, 07:44 PM.
                        1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Hey guys,

I just thought I'd share pics of my kat with Givi E36NJ bags.

I can't believe how much better it is traveling with the hard bags.
                          Attached Files
                          1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Working...
                          X