Suggestions on cleaning a corroded Starter Relay Soleniod Plug

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions on cleaning a corroded Starter Relay Soleniod Plug

Hello,

I have a 2001 Suzuki Katana 750F. I posted earlier about the bike not starting. After some investigating (and help from you guys) I found the Starter Relay Solenoid base has been corroded to the point where the pins where broken off. So I have a new one being delivered today. All I need to do is figure out how to clean the plug. I would really like to try and salvage the plug. It doesn't look too bad. The old part would emit enough to allow the clock to show, so I really believe it was just the base that was bad.

As for the battery it is 100% full and in working order. The battery connectors are in excellent shape (no corrosion, or frays) as well.

I've been reading you can clean the solenoid with baking soda, water and a wire brush. Is that ok for the plug? I was thinking of getting a small piece of the fine grit sand paper and trying that. But I don't want to try anything until someone says its good. That's all I need is it have to do some wiring on my poor girl!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I know my bike wants to get back to the open road very soon!

Thank you in advance!
    Theresa

leave it in a glass of coca cola or pepsi! or something acidic!

a little unconventional, but cheap and quick!
    -Brandon

Comment

Working...
    X