X

Recommended Pads

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Pads

Anyone have a good recommendation on brand or types of front and rear pads for an '03 750? I need to replace mine for the season and see lots of different materials. I'm more of a touring rider than a knee down speed freak but want good braking power at a reasonable cost.

Thanks

I put these on my bike a couple of weeks ago......http://www.d2moto.com/p-14538-1997-y...rake-pads.aspx

Check out the place for ones for your Kat.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

EBC HH pads are pretty good.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        EBC HH pads are pretty good.
        For the fronts I agree. Do not put HH pads on the rear. It locks up easy enough as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          For the fronts I agree. Do not put HH pads on the rear. It locks up easy enough as it is.
          Who uses the rear brake that much anyway though?

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            Who uses the rear brake that much anyway though?
            Exactly, so the one time you do use it and the rear wheel locks up. I bet someone who never uses the rear brake would be expecting that.

Comment

kotex
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I'd go the Stayfree route personally.

Comment

The most important thing is how they do in the wet...
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Carbone Lorraine SBK 3/5s on the front, and RX3 on the rear...

excellent braking power, wet or dry.

See My Garage for mods...
                    T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                    Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                      I put these on my bike a couple of weeks ago......http://www.d2moto.com/p-14538-1997-y...rake-pads.aspx

Check out the place for ones for your Kat.
                      I ordered 2 front and 4 rear sets for the Kat of those pads (makes international shipping worthwhile). And I was intending to replace pads after a big trip last year, but that trip didn't happen, so I haven't fitted them yet. Plus I drag the rear through corners so I do tend to eat them. One of the front pads was badly deformed in the packet. To their credit - and against their reputation - D2Moto replaced it.

I have bought plenty of stuff through D2Moto - filters, grips ... and I LOVE their gloves. But some of their other stuff like mirrors and those infernal integrated tail lights are very average quality - and I would probably put the brake pads in the same category - average at best. I'll be happy to run the rears, but the fronts might get on-sold??? Let us know what you think of yours.

My general rule of thumb in future will be to use D2Moto to source branded products from the US, but apart from gloves, I'll avoid almost anything wearing a Volar label.

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
                        I'll avoid almost anything wearing a Volar label.
                        I have a chrome (supposedly) Volar case cover sitting in my garage. Seems like a mouse fart could break that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
                          I ordered 2 front and 4 rear sets for the Kat of those pads (makes international shipping worthwhile). And I was intending to replace pads after a big trip last year, but that trip didn't happen, so I haven't fitted them yet. Plus I drag the rear through corners so I do tend to eat them. One of the front pads was badly deformed in the packet. To their credit - and against their reputation - D2Moto replaced it.

I have bought plenty of stuff through D2Moto - filters, grips ... and I LOVE their gloves. But some of their other stuff like mirrors and those infernal integrated tail lights are very average quality - and I would probably put the brake pads in the same category - average at best. I'll be happy to run the rears, but the fronts might get on-sold??? Let us know what you think of yours.

My general rule of thumb in future will be to use D2Moto to source branded products from the US, but apart from gloves, I'll avoid almost anything wearing a Volar label.
                          So far so good. I'm guilty of using my front brakes more often than my rear at the braking point I pick before a curve. I'll use my rear every now and then when coming to a full stop to make sure the caliper isn't siezed. If I can get a season or two out of them that would be a bonus.
                          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                          ------------------------------------------
                          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                          X