X

New Project Fighter coming soon...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Project Fighter coming soon...

Hey guys. I had to sell my 92 Kat to pay off some stuff to get me in school so I was bikeless for a while. Next week I am picking up a 91 Kat 600. Getting it from a buddy of mine who has had the bike sitting in his basement for about 3 years all taken apart... Most of the plastics are long gone, which makes this bike the perfect street fighter project... I will post pics as soon as I get the bike in my garage so you can see what I am starting with... Here are some things I wanna do right off the bat... If anyone has any suggestions on how to do any of this, I am always open to hearing them. Thanks!

Repaint the rear plastic, front fender and tank Matte Black.
    Replace the stock sprokets and chain with something a bit more performance.
    Modify rear swing arm to accept a much wider tire.. (good size?? 190?? 200?)
    Replace stock pegs with aftermarket replacements.
    Modify stock windscreen to look better with front plastics gone...
    Mod stock exhaust to make it a bit louder and more open. Will get aftermarket when money allows.
    Clean and adjust carbs.
    Lower the rear end... Any one make lowering links for the Pre?

That's about it... Eventually I would like to stick a Bandit 1200 in her, but not for a while. I will post pics every step of the way.

Can't wait to see pics. I'm toying with the idea of turning my pre into a fighter.
    -1990 Suzuki Katana GSXF1100
    -2007 BMW 335xi (Retired )
    -2008 Audi S5
    -2010 Land Rover Range Rover

Comment

Go for it! I dont really like the look of the front farings on the Pre Kats so, I think the Street fighter look will work much better. I will post pics on Sat I hope.

Comment

As I promised, got the bike home today. here are some pix.

Comment

Working...
        X