Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old kat with new look

well tell me what you think pleasW
    Attached Files

Wow, looks great! Looks like you switched out the swing arm and rear tire. What did you use?
    -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
    -My wife

Comment

looks great!
      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
      Tony
      94 Katana 600

Comment

Comment

nice
          this is the best icon eva

Comment

Veddy veddy interwesting...

Comment

90ish GSXR front end, oil cooled motor, looks to be a gsxr swinger....I like it.

Comment

The seat draws my attention.

Comment

looks good

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
                    90ish GSXR front end, oil cooled motor, looks to be a gsxr swinger....I like it.

I thought that was an oil cooled engine.

Anyways, nice bike

Comment

Originally posted by Disco View Post
                      well tell me what you think pleasW
                      honestly?

well, like the bike, of course, but just because of what bike it is.

as for what you done to it.....hmm, not so much. all I see is a gixxer wheel/swingarm/fork swap. personally, I consider this "unworthy" of the what the bike deserves. it looks odd.....kinda like running spinners on an old chylser k-car.

However, do not take that as total critisim. I just think you need to continue the modding to get the rest of the bike "caught up" to the wheels. the old kats are tricky to trick out. you can't stop half way or it ends up looking "half-azzed". know what I mean? right now you are looking a bit "half-azzed", and I mean that as constructive critisim...not an insult.

only 2 ways you are going to get me to sincerely say "nice ol' kat". you either gotta have it 100% stock, or significantly "tricked out".

so keep going. you already got the gix wheels and stuff, so forget ANYTHING stock from this point and let your imagination flow. I would start with the color. I think that is what I find "unsettling". too much silver. yup...that's it. like the bike, don't like the color. I don't feel the stock colors go with what you have done so far. I see that bike in a nice that matches the seat...maybe black. too many people stick with the stock silver when they start modding. I think that is why many appear "half-azzed" to me. they don't take that finally step in changing the color, which can do EVERYTHING to make the bike more unique and stand out.

just my 2 cents.
                      Last edited by Mojoe; 11-24-2009, 03:40 PM.
                      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
                        it looks odd.....kinda like running spinners on an old chylser k-car.
                        Nothing says "pimp" like $2k wheels on a Dy-Nasty!
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I like the mods, putting new technology in old vehicles is good, especially when it improves handling and ride. I don't equate this to putting spinners on a k-car, I think that's a false analogy.

Comment

well i think it looks great nice job!!

Comment

i kinda wanna see the dual shocks back there. I'd prolly say it was perfect if you fabbed up some adjustable bracket that mounted to the swing arm and gave it adjustable dual shocks. i think thats what i liked about the old kats . dual shocks. that may be why every one's attention is drawn to the seat. they feel something is missing from the rear of the bike. they are right. but this is just my opinion. other wise i like it.
                              Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                              Tony
                              94 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                              X