X

Carb rebuild kits?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb rebuild kits?

Okay, so I've been searching around this morning, and can't seem to specifically find what parts, seals, rings, etc I will need for a carb rebuild. Does someone sell a kit at a reasonable price that already has everything in it? I've seen kits for other bikes, and older Suzukis, but not for the set of carbs on my 600 motor.

I looked at bike bandit and a few other places, and they want like $2.50 per o ring seal, is that right?
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

i just ( installed )bought new seals that i bought from ron ayers

for some things i don't want a third party part. doesn't come in a kit though.

tim

Comment

I hate that there is no kit..
      I bought a GS550 kit (well 4 of them)
      Because acourding to the info I got from the Net
      was that the GS550 had the same carb.
      (just 2 of them..)
      However the float valve wasn't quite right..
      The seal was right but the post was a different length..
      I was able to get it to work, now I want to replace the rest. The seals were pretty dry..
      However the bowl seal and most of the o-rings were correct. Suzuki sells a kit for $100 per carb..
      That is because the Suzi kit includes the float assembly ($80 part from Bike bandit..) So IMO it is a stealership issue that they don't offer a $15 gasket kit..

Comment

That's a bummer. Guess I'll just need to buy all the part separtly then...
        -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Here try this.

-Tony
          AMA #602868

Comment

Originally posted by Rider4life
            They seem to have only cruiser stuff .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

This from their site:
              OEM and aftermarket motorcycle parts available for Artic Cat ATV, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, Polaris ATV/Watercraft, Sea-Doo, Bombardier ATV, Triumph, Norton, BSA.

We can provide ANY OEM PART that is not discontinued and even then we can occasionally get some of those as well. Choose OEM Parts and the online Microfiche (if available) for your parts. If your part is not shown send us an email and we will see if we can find it and quote it. .

We can replace your damaged rubber diaphragms. Some models we can replace the whole slide.

Many models have quality carb kits available from the US and JAPAN. Use our search engine to find what is available for your bike!.

Full line of Dellorto, Keihin & Mikuni Carbs, and tuning accessories including jets, needles, manuals etc.

K&N Air Filters are the industry standard in lifetime performance air filtration.
              But when I searched under Suzuki Katana I got zip.
              How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
              How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
              How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
              How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Interesting , after my post I got an e-mail from someone at that site saying they could get anything I needed . Huh , Well I GUESS we all are curious about o-rings for Katanas , both new AND old models . So ....

Comment

Which o-ring are you guys talking about? The needle and seat's o-ring in the carb, under the float?

I also did a lot of research on this when I purchased my basket-case Katana, and found this rebuild kit. It says it applies to "GSX600 F J/K/L/M/N Katana 88-92." Not a bad price at all, if that is the case. It's actually cheaper than what I paid for new OEM needles and seats alone!
                  Life is short and uncertain: eat your dessert first and ride every day.

Comment

Well , it's USUALLY the float o-rings that need replacing after a while , and they're 2 different sizes . Damn , that IS a good price for a rebuild kit . Most are like $20 a carb at least . Wonder if they got 750 kits .....
                    Edit: WOW , they got TONS of stuff there ! They don't have JUST the o-rings , but they got TONS of hard to find stuff , even for my 360 !

Comment

Err, what float o-ring are you referring to? The floats consists of two parts, the float itself (with tang) and the pin keeping it in the float bowl. Unless you have one of those black-magic later model Kats.

And yes, OBB seems to have a ton of great stuff.
                      Life is short and uncertain: eat your dessert first and ride every day.

Comment

Looks like a good find, but won't really help me since my carbs are from an '01. Most of their stuff all pre '95...unless it's a same fit?
                        -Steve

sigpic

Comment

HOLD ON!!!
                          Obb (Old bike barn)
                          Was were I got my kit..
                          I was not impressed with the service.
                          Nor did I get the kit I needed..
                          I advise caution...

edit
                          Look at the fich for the carb below (91 GSX 600)

Now go back and look at the kit..
                          The bowl gasket is not the same

Comment

My updated plan is to try and get a generic gasket and o-ring kit from jc whitney or somesuch and see if I can get the carbs back together like that. I'm not *expecting* to need floats or needles, I just figure that since the carbs are off, and the motor is apart I may as well take care of inspecting/cleaning and getting them synched all right now.
                            -Steve

sigpic

Comment

You should be ok..
                              Take your time..
                              Replace any o-rings inside the "guts" of the carb..
                              Ones like the bowl and the Sycro port can be changed later.. Do be carefull with the screws..
                              Damn japanese and their philipes head screws!!

Comment

Working...
                              X