X

Finally Found ya!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Found ya!

Me...a.k.a. XavierXero...used to be a pretty big poster on KP.com. Moved to another state and became submersed in buiding my new life. On top of that....my bike was stolen. =/ Recovered though! They chisled out the ignition and cracked some of my fairings, but I've just recently fixed it and here I am. Anywho...glad to have found ya. See most of the KP members followed too which is a good thing.

I use to be over on kp under the same name and found this site not to long ago Your lucky to get your bike back, that's cool. Post some pics!

Comment

Right on. Thanks! It sat so long when I got it back the carbs gummed up so I foudn some really cheap 2005 kat carbs and just dropped them in there so it's running now. Once I get it "pretty'd" up a bit mroe I'll post some.

Comment

Hiya!
        Welcome!

Comment

Welcome. I hope that you find Katriders.com has a good a forum as KP.
          "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Rockin just like the old one so far. Havin some trouble getting my Avatar posted though. Tried uploading it and it just won't upload. Anyone have any idea what I'm doin wrong?
            Attached Files

Comment

hey i am just wandering about that stopee?what disk pads do you use?

Comment

Factory Stock OEM baby. Just make sure ya lean forward and dont' "Crunch" on the break. Clamp down hard, but at a progressive pace instead of all at once. And wear a helmet.

Comment

i am not wantting to do it but i just did not think a kat could do it.how about a wheelie???

Comment

A stoppie is pretty easy to do on the Kat 600 (depending on your weight), but the heavy weight of the bike will really beat the heck out of your front forks so I don't recommend doing it. I short wheelie in first gear is also easy. Although I've never tried I think a wheelie on the Kat at a higher speed would be pretty tough - I don't think I could pull it up in third gear, for example - too heavy and not enough power. As I'm sure we all know, stunting is a bad idea anyway, and the Kat really isn't built for it. If you wanna stunt get a Gixxer - much better for that kinda stuff if you're so inclined.

Nice bike BTW - gotta love the yellow
                    ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Lemme tell you about my wheelie experience.

Below I've included a link to some injury pictures.

Yes....I was a squid at one point. Spare me the "Should've wore your gear" lectures. I do every time now.

Struggling hard to practice my wheelies in the back of a church one time with some buddies I could kip it up and do short wheelies for a bit. Kats are known to be heeeavy bikes so it's virtually impossible to ride a wheelie for any distance at a nice height. It has been done though. It's really unpredictable cuz it takes so much power and dropping of the clutch.

Anyways...I digress....

So after many short wheelies.....I rev'd to like 10k rpms, standing, I bounced on the pegs for an assist from the front forks to spring me up and up I came. At a wonderfully slow and controlable pace too might I add. I had a full tank of gas and having a heavy kat never saw it coming. I got excited and didn't let off the gas. I fell off the back, flipped a couple times, my bike flipped twice infront of me. Cracked my engine case wide open, and messed up a buncha cosmetics. Me, I lay behind my bike, can't feel my legs (I was wearing my helmet or I wouldn't be here) skin scraped off every place it was showing thinking "I'll never do that again" (I have) hurting like no other. Long story long, it is possible, I do not recommend it because it's so unpredictable, and for God's sake, if you're gonna be dumb like me, wear gear. It's a life saver.

Here is a link to the injury pics: http://www.katkrew.com/nuke/modules....view_album.php

Comment

I think I remember you...Mr. Stoppie!

Glad you found us.
                        1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                        2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                        Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Originally posted by BearKat
                          I think I remember you...Mr. Stoppie!
                          Glad you found us.
                          Yup Yup. Thanks BK! Definitely glad to be back and on two wheels. Riding is easy to take advantage of, but once it's gone, man....ya miss it.

Is KWBender still with us? If not, who's the veteran Seat cowl maker in these parts?

Comment

bradda

Comment

Cool. Thanks RW. I'll give him a hollar.

Comment

Working...
                              X