Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Is a Suzuki Katana considered a sport bike or is it more of a cruiser?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if only those fairing were better designed. they are too "square" and "boxy". imho. if they were a bot more "fluid" or "rounded", to better match the lines of the bike, they might look a heck of a lot better. if you saw them up close in real life, I think you would understand what I mean.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

There is a set on craigslist in Los Angeles...don't know if they are the same type as in the pics but Diablo has them up for sale..

79 Honda Red CBX, 79 Honda Silver CBX, 82 Suzuki 1000 Katana, 76 Kawasaki KZ900, 84 VF1000F, 07 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol, 95 CB1000 Big One, 1987 Hondaxl600R, 1978 Honda XL250S, 2006 Yamaha TW200

Comment

Just a short note on the Honda CB. I read on the history of Honda and they gave the CB denomination to their first bikes which were small city commuters. Thus the CB means 'City Bike' and they have kept this acronym ever since
        Last edited by Mel Wainwright; 02-18-2013, 05:30 AM.
        MelWain

Comment

Originally posted by Mel Wainwright View Post
          Just a short note on the Honda CB. I read on the history of Honda and they gave the CB denomination to their first bikes which were small city commuters. Thus the CB means 'City Bike' and they have kept this acronym ever since
          actually, there are like a dozen definitions out there. the most popular belief seems to be that it is the designation given to inline 4's. however, if it does mean something else, such as "city bike"....well, you have to remember that the english language makes up only a small percentage of Honda owners around the world, so assuming it means something in english, like "city bike", is a bit pretentious. if it is to means something likely that, it would like be "Chokusetsu Baiku", which is the japanese term meaning "personal motorcycle". google Chokusetsu Baiku and you will see.

Originally posted by sixdog View Post
          There is a set on craigslist in Los Angeles...don't know if they are the same type as in the pics but Diablo has them up for sale..

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...607625448.html
          even though they might "fit", those are not the oem optional fairings for the kat. if you notice in this photo below, in the red circle I made, the oem fairing have an "extension" that fits to the rest of the bike. those fairings look more suited to other GS models than the katana.

Last edited by Mojoe; 02-18-2013, 01:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

First real production Japanese sport bike , if I'm not mistaken . Crouched position , rear set peg , clip-on enhanced monster of an adaption to the GS-chassis . Pioneering SPORT-Bike engineering and design that all other Jap-Manufacturers could only follow to try and keep up . So OG sport bike in my opinion .

Comment

when did the 1100 become available in the us? i know the cycle recylcer in my area said they have alot of them

Comment

Originally posted by rychemastr View Post
                when did the 1100 become available in the us? i know the cycle recylcer in my area said they have alot of them
                El G...
                GSX1000SZ-My Beloved Rat http://photobucket.com/GIABLO-MOTO 714-461-9607 [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreeek View Post
                  First real production Japanese sport bike , if I'm not mistaken . Crouched position , rear set peg , clip-on enhanced monster of an adaption to the GS-chassis . Pioneering SPORT-Bike engineering and design that all other Jap-Manufacturers could only follow to try and keep up . So OG sport bike in my opinion .
                  I think so too. I think it was one of the first sport bikes out. I mean even when you look at the shape of it now, you can tell it's aggressive styling was for sporty riding back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giablo View Post
                    El G...
                    actually, it was 1980 when a few started coming to North America. Sales were minimal, as with the 81's, but in 82 they really started to pick up. I have owned a couple of 82's.

Comment

My '82 Kat is a cruiser

My insurance company will not insure crotch rockets but they did insure my '82 katana 750, they seem to think it's a cruiser so I'll just agree with them to keep the cheaper rates.

Comment

Working...
                      X