X

82 gs1000sz finally taking shape

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by branumhawk View Post
    Now Joe, you know I keep bikes all over the house My wife does her best work in the kitchen and I do too.
    I gave it (3) thumbsup, man, I am digging it. Maybe in my next house, my wife will cut me some slack and let me bring a bike (or two) in...

But seriously, how do you think the seat came out?
    GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Comment

• The seat looks really nice... i redid my own as well... the second time i did it it came out a lot better... if not 100 percent, after a while you can give it a second try. By the way, as much as i love my 1100, your model is the one i originally fell in love with.
      "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

• Hey guys, thanks for laughs. The seat came out fair from the cleaning. From an antique standpoint, the wear is like the patina of an old piece of work, paint job it is what is is. From that standpoint is looks great considering it is original. It would look great on the bike, just like it is.

From the standpoint of restoration, a careful application of dye of the right colors done well would no doubt make it look better from a glance and probably all round as well. Considering I have restored 99% of the bike, it is by no means an unrestored original in any other way shape or fashion, I will go ahead and make it look the best I can.

It will be original seat with some lipstick Can blame an old girl for trying to look good.

Comment

• Took a little vacation and work stacked up on me. A good thing, I can pay bills but no time for my top end job. Hopefully in a week I will catch up. Picked up a low mileage original speedometer this week, will post some picks when get it in.

Comment

• Originally posted by branumhawk View Post
            Took a little vacation and work stacked up on me. A good thing, I can pay bills but no time for my top end job. Hopefully in a week I will catch up. Picked up a low mileage original speedometer this week, will post some picks when get it in.
            The one on Ebay? I saw it and was going to let you know, but it was gone when I went back to copy & paste the page.

Comment

• That's the one. He still has several nice parts at good prices on ebay. I picked the stock coils, wires, turn signal set and the speedo. He tossed in the seat latch I was looking for too. Appreciate the thoughts.

Comment

• Good to read there are good Ebayers around....way to go hawk!
                79 Honda Red CBX, 79 Honda Silver CBX, 82 Suzuki 1000 Katana, 76 Kawasaki KZ900, 84 VF1000F, 07 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol, 95 CB1000 Big One, 1987 Hondaxl600R, 1978 Honda XL250S, 2006 Yamaha TW200

Comment

• You got to be patient I guess, damn its been a few years I have been waiting on that! I don't plan to dig in this one to update faceplate, just swap my outer ring and clear lens as this one a small gouge in one spot.
                  That is a piece of cake compared to what I went through putting mine together from pieces!

Comment

• The turn signal set he had, one of them was not correct, not sure you saw that.

Comment

• It looked to be shortened. I really just needed one of the bases as the plastic where the lens screw goes broke off inside. I also talked with him about the lower end. Picked up the bottom end complete. With 4224 miles on a bike from Wisconsin(short riding season) I figured while I had mine down for the top end work I would go ahead and go through the whole motor. Will post pics of the assembly process. This will be the first time I took suzuki inline four completely down and back together.

Normal route would have been to do this first, but I when does that happen with me

Will post pics of instrumentation when it gets here. Should be today.

Comment

• Sounds like you're getting things around. I'd like to see pics of the gauge cluster.

Comment

• Here they are. This is probably the nicest looking one I have seen and it was professionally packed so nothing fell out during shipment. Ready to get the motor finished so I can get it back together and ride.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by branumhawk; 05-30-2015, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• That looks good. Yeah, riding season is here..... so get the bike done!! Just kidding, it will look very nice when completed.

Comment

• I've been riding everyday. Have two daily riders for now a K4 750 and a KZ1000. Been dodging the rain clouds lately. Paid for the lower end and arranging shipping on Monday. Going to use my cases so serial numbers are synched up and put in the crank and tranny from the bike with 4281 miles instead of parts from the true survivor I have with 95,000 actual miles registered before the aftermarket speedo was added. It was rusted out when I removed it and looked like it had been on there forever.

I am going put an indexing rod through the small holes on the rods to see if what I have and what I am getting is straight.
                              Last edited by branumhawk; 05-30-2015, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• I have a nice K2 cafe racer that has a little bit of an issue, but its got to wait til the Kat is done.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X