No announcement yet.
X

Speedometer Backlight Burned Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are 3 gauges and each one takes 1 bulb, also all the bulbs are the same size. I have a 95' 600 and I just bought a 74 bulb to make sure it is right and it doesn't fit. The bulbs that are in there already are bigger than the 74 I bought. . Are you guys sure a 95 600 takes 74s?

Comment

yep definately sure that the 74 goes in the instrument panels, just not in the gauges.

The larger bulbs that go in your speedo, fuel gauge, tach use this type of bulb: T3-1/4 (#194/168). The indicator lights(high beam, oil, neutral): need of a T 1 1/2 (#73/74).

So the bulb you go will work for the high beam, oil, neutral and POSSIBLY your turn indicators require the same bulb(74). If you are there to replace one bulb, take the time to them all, you won't regret it.

If the turn indicators do take a 74 bulb, then you would need 3 of 194(for gauges), and then you would need 5 of the #74 for indicator lights.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

also put your bike information in your profile so it will better help people to solve problems in the future.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

What size LED's go in 98+ bikes. Did I over look the answer in this thread? Sorry if I did. =/

Comment

looney, as far as i know in this thread it has been about the pre98 bikes. The post 98 bikes to my understanding has an instrument cluster, where everything is in one unit and one large cable connects in the back, traditionally like a car. The pre98 are individual gauges like what you would buy if you bought a boost gauge or temperature gauge from autometer, they have a bulb socket.

I think the post98 bikes will use these:

GO to Super Bright LEDs

Scroll down to Instrument Cluster and Guage Lights. I think they are those #73/74. However I can't remember who but someone on here got just the bulbs and realized that they would not fit into the stock sockets or something, so they had to get them with the super bright leds sockets.

When you go to check out it is page 2, half way down labeled as T1.5 Instrument LED Bulb for $1.79

Comment

Right on. Thanks BM

Comment

I have a 95' 600 and I took out the bulbs that are in it and they are not 168 or 194 and the 168 I bought from Pep Boys do not fit or really even come close to fitting at all. The Bulbs that were in there are 12V3Ws. Is there an LED I can replace these with or do I have to order the OEM?

Comment

Working...
                X