X

busa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• busa

checking out the new pearl white busa saterday. Only problem is insurance I guess. Thinking of trading the kat and coming up with cash so i wont have to pay that high insurance. I have been happy with the kat and scared of the busa but my bro has his bike he for storage and ive been taking it out alot. Starting to get use to it. power and speed is is addictive. Bike is very comfortable.

i was in the same boat til i saw the insurance quote... from 300 a year to 1500 a year...

5x...plus increase in price...

screw that

jC

Comment

dont know where your from but here in florida you dont need insurance unless you still owe the bike. i would be taking a huge risk if it gets stolen or crashed, but the bike is starting to call for me.

Comment

$1500 per year? I just did a quote and an 05 is almost $4000. Of course, that's using the same options I have now. But even those are close to bottom end.
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
        -Terence

Comment

Mininmum liability, stupid but cheap...

Progressive Direct quoted me $4,187.00 for an '06 on an annual policy.

Quote included:
          Bi/Pd 100/300/50
          Um/Uim 100/300
          Medpay 25,000
          Comp 500
          Coll 500
          Roadside Assistance

I realize that my limits for liability in this quote are high for a bike but I would want to carry such high liability so I could have uninsured motorist coverage for bodily injury to myself and passengers at a high level. Plus, Higher limits for liability usually aren't that much in my experience.

Or if I'm feeling lucky (and stupid), liability only at state minimum for CO was only $125.00.

Quote included:
          Bi/Pd 25/50/15
          -If you don't like my driving, stay out of the dytch!-

Comment

I couldnt bring myself to leave the parking lot without insurance. The busa's are awesome beast rides, and it would be hard to resist the urge if I was in a position to get one myself..but the thought of investing so much into a bike like that, only to have it wiped away by a thief or accident would be enought to scare me into waiting till I could find affordable insurance.

Comment

if i could get mine down to say 600-700 for the BUSA, then i might do it...but 1500...forget it

jC

Comment

the busa is a lot of bike. there are other options is you want more power & a comfy ride.

superhawk, sv1000, fz1 to name a few.
                all of which would have reasonable insurance rates.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by gpggnnn
                  dont know where your from but here in florida you dont need insurance unless you still owe the bike. i would be taking a huge risk if it gets stolen or crashed, but the bike is starting to call for me.
                  That quote should be calling you..
                  How many 'Busas get crashed or stolen??
                  I betting a lot! that's why the insurance is high.

Comment

I looked into dropping a bandit engine into the kat... my insurance would go from 350 a year (full coverage) to 353 a year. Much better deal than jumping to the 3000k a year hayabusa

Comment

Originally posted by Crackshot
                      I looked into dropping a bandit engine into the kat... my insurance would go from 350 a year (full coverage) to 353 a year. Much better deal than jumping to the 3000k a year hayabusa
                      What is this going to cast you and what is involved in doing the swap?

Comment

Okay today I looked at the busa. Did not get it. I told the sales rep I was going to sleep on it. I had the cash in my hands to buy it cash. So after thinking about it I decided the real reason I wanted it was to impress people, and speed. My kat does what I wanted, cheap on gas (commute to work is 54 miles one way), cheap insurance, comfy, and easy maintenence. It is pretty quck. I could keep up with my buddys in their bikes except when they want to go past 130, but then again the you could only do stuff like that once in a blue moon. So I won't betray my kat., and become a squid.

Comment

i figure the busa will be my golden birthday (30th) present for myself.

Comment

LoL, I did a quote just for fun to see how outrageous mine would be.

This is no joke, bare minimums on an 06 Busa

Pay in full: $13,379.00 Pay monthly: $1034.76 per month

Male age 20 with 2 accidents at fault = butt rape kthx

Comment

$13k PER YEAR???? That is really bad. You need to get married and drop those insurance rates. I had a few issues when I was young, and I was a lot better off for car insurance when I got married.

Comment

Working...
                              X