No announcement yet.
X

sylvania silverstars

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i also just put a sylvania silverstars h4 in my bike, it really is 100% better then stock, it is 20 dollar upgrade i think everyone should do....find one at a local auto parts store today...
    The only way to go some where you have never been before is to get lost!!!

Comment

I dont know what I use but at night everytime i pull up to my buddies house they could swear daylight is coming at 11 at night
      R.I.P. Jason you will be missed.

Comment

Just bought a pair last week, can't wait to try em.
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

My regular beam burnt out a earlier this week and I bought the factory spec bulb but haven't installed it yet. When I was in Kragen's this afternoon I noticed the Silverstars and remembered this thread. I'll keep the OEM one as a spare and install the Silverstar to see if I notice the difference. Do they make a high-beam? The OEM high-beam on the Busa sucks.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
            Do they make a high-beam? The OEM high-beam on the Busa sucks.
            What bulb does the Busa take as the high-beam bulb? I can't recall off the top of my head if it's a 9005 (HB3) or an H7 bulb...

If it takes a 9005 (HB3) bulb, seek out an HIR9011 bulb as the replacement, which should blind the everyone within a mile or two (Toshiba is the only manufacturer to make an HIR9011 to the best of my knowledge). The HIR9011 (9005/HB3-equivilent) and HIR9012 (9006/HB4-equivilent) bulbs use a GE patented coating on the inside of the bulb to reflect the infra-red spectrum back onto the filament, causing the filament to run hotter and burn brighter without increasing the temp significantly in the headlight casing (and while still only pulling the stock 55 watt draw)... Note that the top plastic extrusion on the bulb base of the HIR bulb will have to be filed down to fit the 9005/9006 sockets (any nailfile will do). You can find the bulbs online, as well as at very high prices (over-priced IMHO) at Dodge dealers, as it's stock for the Vipers.

GE's intention was to make a non-HID bulb that delivered about 70% of the light of a true HID at a filament-bulb price. If only someone made this bulb type for H4 applications, I'd be all over it...

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
              Do they make a high-beam? The OEM high-beam on the Busa sucks.
              What bulb does the Busa take as the high-beam bulb? I can't recall off the top of my head if it's a 9005 (HB3) or an H7 bulb...

If it takes a 9005 (HB3) bulb, seek out an HIR9011 bulb as the replacement, which should blind the everyone within a mile or two (Toshiba is the only manufacturer to make an HIR9011 to the best of my knowledge). The HIR9011 (9005/HB3-equivilent) and HIR9012 (9006/HB4-equivilent) bulbs use a GE patented coating on the inside of the bulb to reflect the infra-red spectrum back onto the filament, causing the filament to run hotter and burn brighter without increasing the temp significantly in the headlight casing (and while still only pulling the stock 55 watt draw)... Note that the top plastic extrusion on the bulb base of the HIR bulb will have to be filed down to fit the 9005/9006 sockets (any nailfile will do). You can find the bulbs online, as well as at very high prices (over-priced IMHO) at Dodge dealers, as it's stock for the Vipers.

GE's intention was to make a non-HID bulb that delivered about 70% of the light of a true HID at a filament-bulb price. If only someone made this bulb type for H4 applications, I'd be all over it...

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet

I'm on a bulb hunt this weekend. Thanks Cyber. The throw on the standard high beam is pathetic. Almost like freakin' decoration. When coming up on left turning cars in an intersection I like to flash my high beams two or three times to get their attention. That ought to do it.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm on a bulb hunt this weekend. Thanks Cyber. The throw on the standard high beam is pathetic. Almost like freakin' decoration. When coming up on left turning cars in an intersection I like to flash my high beams two or three times to get their attention. That ought to do it.
                Use the net to find it. Dodge dealers get something like $130 for them; you can find 'em online for $20 - $30 a bulb.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

just bought a pair of silverstars for $24.00 shipped off ebay. my local pep boys wanted $20.00 each!

Comment

sounds like a deal to me.

Long Live the D

Comment

Are they new though. You have to watch that with ebay. Wal-mart carries silverstars. I believe they were quite a bit cheaper than auto parts places too.
                      One day....

Comment

Wally-world's price is like $38.99 a pair, or $19.79 each, last time I looked...

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by durtyspeed
                          Are they new though. You have to watch that with ebay. Wal-mart carries silverstars. I believe they were quite a bit cheaper than auto parts places too.
                          the auction said new, and the guy had 100% positive feedback. (member since 98) I am pretty careful on ebay.

edit: it's supposed to be 98 not 98)

Comment

Hmm, well I guess ebay it would be for you post 98 guys. I only need one, so i am fine just going to the store. Lol.
                            One day....

Comment

Any luck finding the HIR9011 bulb? Curious as to your opinion of the difference

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

were can I get these lights?
                                Lance
                                2005 Kat 600

Comment

Working...
                                X