No announcement yet.
X

First time doing a burn out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 to 3K is about normal for ME on the Bandit. You gotta remember that I tend to ride on the extreme side of fast and the Bandit has MUCH more power that that Katana. Torque will eat tires up.
    Ron
    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I tried a burnout once on the Kat. On the way to the shop to put new tires on, I went to BFE and tried one. Rev'd up to about 7k, but for some reason my hand won't totally drop the clutch. My mind yell's at it to ditch the clutch, but my hand slowly releases it over and over. My closest to a burnout was a slight "screetch", then the tire caught, and sent me 2 inches from a curb at about 20mph. That was the last I tried.

-Sam

Comment

i love doing burn outs... but i dont do "power braking" style burnouts much... normally, if the tires are cold, i roll at about 5-10mph, lean over the tank, redline it and dump the clutch and fishtail it down the street... usually leaves a black mark and some smoke. but now that i have nice tires... ive tried do that and the damn thing just stands up on the rear. one time though the rear spun out really far on me..... and you have to be careful about doing it... cause you can lay it down, or if you let off it could hook and highside ya.

Comment

sounds like some one will be getting new tires soon

Comment

You know what they say "...it's better to burn out than to fade away!" Well, someone had to say it.
            "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Originally posted by RydeBye
              the normal life of motorcycle tires is 3k????? sorry newby question for me. i havent had to get new tires i jus got a new bike lol
              depends greatly on the type of tire you have and how you ride as others mentioned. I got about 5000 miles out of my rear stock tire before I changed it..seemed way to few for me and definatley not worth it ever again. definate cords showing down the center

Comment

I got about 10,000 out of my stock tires in just over a year of riding to work and home (50 miles round trip).

Comment

This is the burnout mod video montage from my Titan board. He went through a set of tires in 2 weeks.

At the end, he burns out on a GSXR.

clicky
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                  X