Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Why can't I open the seat? Am I retarded?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mojoe
    the key only turns a bit anway. from 12 o'clock to 2 o'clock is all it takes.
    yeah, mine seems to barely turn at all.
    What the deuce!?!

Comment

Alas...I remember when I was retarded...Happy times. A new to me bike and no idea how to open the seat, followed by no idea where my "helmet lock" was. Good times indeed!
      AMA member # 224227

Comment

Originally posted by Meikol2
        Alas...I remember when I was retarded...Happy times. A new to me bike and no idea how to open the seat, followed by no idea where my "helmet lock" was. Good times indeed!
        speaking of which, where is the helmet lock?
        What the deuce!?!

Comment

That I am not sure. I hadn't gone specifically looking for yet it but I don't remember coming across it when washing it either.

Comment

Originally posted by bamarama
            Originally posted by Meikol2
            speaking of which, where is the helmet lock?
            Ah memories !
            When you take the seat off , look at the frame near the battery . See that little hook there ? THAT'S your helmet lock .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
              When you take the seat off , look at the frame near the battery . See that little hook there ? THAT'S your helmet lock .
              So you hook your helmet's D-ring onto it and then just put the seat back on...?

Comment

Originally posted by Knucklehead

yeah brilliant huh??

I think the engineer who did the pre 98 750 seat now works at Wendys...

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                  Originally posted by Knucklehead

yeah brilliant huh??

"Let's put square patties on round buns! It'll be awesome!!!!"

Thanks again for the help.

bama
                  What the deuce!?!

Comment

Originally posted by bamarama
                    Originally posted by Black_peter
                    yeah brilliant huh??

"Let's put square patties on round buns! It'll be awesome!!!!"

Thanks again for the help.

bama

Comment

My 93 750 has had a problem with the seat from the day I bought it. My key too only turns about 20 degrees or so,so this is what I do.Turn the key easily until it stops the while the key is still turned to the open position pull the cable then let go of the key. While you have the cable pulled down lift up on the rear left of the seat then the right,let go of the cable and turn the key again lift up gently on the seat and it should release.Got that?Anyway it works good on my bike. Good luck dude.

Comment

Originally posted by slayergsxf1
                        My 93 750 has had a problem with the seat from the day I bought it. My key too only turns about 20 degrees or so,so this is what I do.Turn the key easily until it stops the while the key is still turned to the open position pull the cable then let go of the key. While you have the cable pulled down lift up on the rear left of the seat then the right,let go of the cable and turn the key again lift up gently on the seat and it should release.Got that?Anyway it works good on my bike. Good luck dude.
                        Funny, that is EXACTLY how I open mine!
                        AMA member # 224227

Comment

Pain in the ass aint it?

Comment

Once in a while I noticed mine doesn't want to turn very well either, and I press down on the seat a bit, and turns just fine.
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

It's a viscous circle at times. You fiddle with it and get the back popped up but then sometimes you need to push it down to get the key turned....... which then locks the back down again.......rinse and repeat

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                                Once in a while I noticed mine doesn't want to turn very well either, and I press down on the seat a bit, and turns just fine.
                                I notice that too when I try and pack too much stuff under the seat..then i have to sit on it to close it

Comment

Working...
                                X