Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Advice needed on carb issues, GS carbs on a Katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed on carb issues, GS carbs on a Katana?

Hey guys, Im working on a friends 1982 Katana 1000 Its a GS1000SZ model. Everything on the bike is 100% stock. The bike sat for about 15-20 years and the carbs were just horrible. I got everything cleaned up and removed, except the slow jets. they were frozen in place. I tryed everything then I had to resort to a reverse drill bit. I got one out but then a cracked the houseing on the 2nd one.
    So long storie short im done messing with them and I want to look on fleebay or here on the forum for another set of carbs in better shape, and I was wondering if anyone knew if the kat 1100 carbs or the gs1000, gs1150, gs1100 ect, carbs will fit? Any information would be awsome!
    thanks everyone!

On the side of the carbs there SHOULD be a number . That's "model number" . But the number in the middle is the carb size .SO if you can find something in that range , you can PROBABLY get it running decent ...... Just an educated guess , kinda .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

You can probably use GS1000 carbs. Your best bet would be to check out www.thegsresources.com
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
      X