G&J Aircraft Brake Lines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Touch View Post
    Tmod,
    If your offer still stands to do the legwork on that end, I have a set of pre-750 lines pulled and ready to ship. Let me know what address and how to fund the work. If your schedule doesn't permit, just say and I will correspond with G&J directly. My intent is to ship four lines (3 front/1 rear) and the bolts/fittings; if they can't replace anything I need it back

Thanks for this offer!
    Touch
    I could do the same thing with the set of pre 600 lines that I'm pulling this week. Let me know.
    Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Originally posted by brentwoodkris View Post
      I could do the same thing with the set of pre 600 lines that I'm pulling this week. Let me know.
      I would appreciate that, That way I can see what the difference between the two are and it will also allow G&J to make sure they have the exact measurements instead of me saying make them a inch shorter.

Will send ya my addy as well then and thanks for the offer.

Tmod

Comment

I called the nuber said it was not in service.

Comment

Originally posted by ericej2344 View Post
          I called the nuber said it was not in service.
          Must have dialed wrong as I just got off the phone with them using that number posted.

Will be going there some time next week if ya need me to check on anything.

Tmod
          Last edited by Tmod; 02-03-2009, 06:01 PM.

Comment

I'll try him again tomorrow. I wanted to see if making both lines in a 2 line kit a foot longer would cost me extra, and how much for shipping to NC.

Comment

I'll try him again tomorrow. I wanted to see if making both lines in a 2 line kit a foot longer would cost me extra, and how much for shipping to NC.
              i would say making them longer would definately cost more. shipping i cannot speak for that but i would assume a flat rate usps priority box would be sufficient(thinking $4.05 now)

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

The line is $3.85 per foot so yeah you would end up paying $7.70 more.

Also is this for some other bike or a pre or post kat?

Tmod

Comment

I had a set of lines for a Pre 750 made for Touch here on the forums.

Here they are in clear sleeving over them. You will notice that I am missing a double banjo bolt as they were out of stock and I will be getting that tomorrow.

This is the 3 line set for the front and the 1 rear.

Tmod

Comment

Those look SO FREAKIN' AWESOME! How much do I need to save up to get myself a set of the same?
                    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Wild Bill - you hit the nail on the head; Those Look Freakin' Awesome! Thanks Tmod for getting this done for me.

Comment

I'd still like to know how much I need to save up to get myself a set. If it's not too intrusive, how much did they run?
                        Last edited by Wild-Bill; 02-12-2009, 08:51 AM.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                          I'd still like to know how much I need to save up to get myself a set. If it's not too intrusive, how much did they run?
                          With tax and all they cost right about $90.00 USD for what you see and also the double banjo bolt which you don't see.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                            With tax and all they cost right about $90.00 USD for what you see and also the double banjo bolt which you don't see.

Tmod
                            is that little higher because of it being 4 line setup and an fittings?
                            Last edited by BarMatt80; 02-12-2009, 06:24 PM.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
                              is that little higher because of it being 3 line setup and an fittings?
                              Yep that is the reason, You have 2 extra banjo fittings and the caliper adapter fittings as well.

The $70.00 setup was a 2 line front and 1 line rear and no adapter fittings.

Tmod

Comment

Pretty reasonable IMHO. I've never liked the look of two lines going to the master cylinder, not to mention the extra resistance to turning from the second hydraulic line. Probably my imagination but last time I looked at a bike with the double lines it seemed like I could feel the added tension on the bars.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                                X