Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

'05 gsxr 750 front end on a pre 750 Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in YOUR opinion it was bad advice. In MY opinion, I wouldn't do it. If you wanna do it, have fun Joe.

Comment

still sounds expensive either way. so cant say he was wrong. he's doing it because he got a great deal on it. but how much of a bargain will it be after buying parts ?

Comment

Originally posted by kidblooper View Post
        but how much of a bargain will it be after buying parts ?
        And buying stock in advil...
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          in YOUR opinion it was bad advice. In MY opinion, I wouldn't do it. If you wanna do it, have fun Joe.
          So just what is it about the stock Katana suspension that makes it better than the 05 GSXR suspension?

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Oh come now people, I was only making fun of Chris because of his "I Get Owned Daily" stamp.

But I would do the mod only if the forks are reasonably long enough. That would be the only limitation. Everything else can be shimmed.
            How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
            How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
            How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
            How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
              So just what is it about the stock Katana suspension that makes it better than the 05 GSXR suspension?
              nothing, the stock tuna suspension sucks large fame animals. But, before I spent an *** load of money to swap an ENTIRE 05 GSXR front end. I'd add racetech cartridge emulators, and ractetech springs. Then it's meant for that weight and just as good as the GSXR front end. Oh wait, I did that
              Last edited by arsenic; 01-05-2009, 05:49 PM.

Comment

an crap load of money chris???
                what a person would have in a swap like this is still less than retail for the katana and much less than buying a gixer!!
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

what?
                  if you think emulators and springs are more then gixer forks, gixer front rim, 98+ sprocket cover, speed sensor, 98+ gauges, gixer brake calipers, gixer MC, gixer clutch perch, gixer streering stem, gixer bars, gixxer ttt, gixer front fender, gixer front axle. Were the **** are you shipping? I really don't know what your saying Thom, if you are aggreeing that would be a crap load of money, then never mind
                  Last edited by arsenic; 01-05-2009, 07:18 PM.

Comment

what?
                    if you think emulators and springs are more then gixer forks, gixer front rim, 98+ sprocket cover, speed sensor, 98+ gauges, gixer brake calipers, gixer MC, gixer clutch perch, gixer streering stem, gixer bars, gixxer ttt, gixer front fender, gixer front axle. Were the **** are you shipping? I really don't know what your saying Thom, if you are aggreeing that would be a crap load of money, then never mind
                    and if you think springs and emulators on Kat forks are the equivilent to a stock 05+ gixxer front end than never mind

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

USD forks are the best out there!
                      Stock pre 750 Katana spring rate is .629 kg/mm. it would cost $109.99 + shipping to get the spring rate you need from racetech without having the adjustments you have on a busa or gixer.
                      On ebay I personally got a busa frontend(not just the forks) for $219 shipped
                      Stock spring rate on a GSXR 750 '05 is .850 kg/mm, that alone would be like buying just the springs for a heavier guy.
                      Now with that said, not are you just getting a better suspension setup but you are also getting some killer brakes to add to the mix, since you have to use the gixer wheel and brakes.
                      To add to those things you also change the geometry of the frontend making more aggressive and lower. That as you know helps with the ability to handle twisties.

Do I suggest everyone do this mod, no. Is it for everyone, no.
                      should I keep my opinion to myself, yes if I have nothing good to say I stay out of a thread!!

lets do some pricing shall we!!

I have a busa rear shock - $86 shipped
                      busa front forks and triple trees - $219 shipped
                      busa front wheel - $76 Shipped
                      busa front rotors - $ 50 shipped
                      Gixer radial master cylinder - free from gixerkat
                      post katana gauge cluster with sprocket cover - From dan
                      speed sensor - Dan
                      HEL stainless steel brake lines 2x - $75

total cost of my KatBusa frontend project $506
                      Cost of my bike in 2003, $750

so is it worth having a better handling bike without having to buy a new or used one for $4,000 to $7,000?
                      That is up to the individual. I personal will say go for it dude and don't let anyone discourage you of doing what you want!!
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

Originally posted by ThAzKat View Post
                        On ebay I personally got a busa frontend(not just the forks) for $219 shipped
                        that's about $69 MORE then the springs and the used emulators I got.

Originally posted by chinto View Post
                        and if you think springs and emulators on Kat forks are the equivilent to a stock 05+ gixxer front end than never mind
                        I don't Joe, Paul Thede from Race Tech does I don't THINK I KNOW. And how you ask? Because I had a gixer 750, you know what year it was? 05.
                        Last edited by arsenic; 01-05-2009, 07:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

you can ask anyone, gixerkat about the emulators and he will tell your the truth that they still aren't as good as the gixer forks/true deal.

that's about $69 MORE then the springs and the used emulators I got.
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          Who knows what is next?

Comment

I don't ASK anyone Thom, haven't you learned that by now? If I wanna know something I do it, peoples opinions are not important to me. So you spent 500+ dollars on your front end, I spent $150, way to prove my point dude

Comment

I don't ASK anyone Thom, haven't you learned that by now? If I wanna know something I do it, peoples opinions are not important to me. So you spent 500+ dollars on your front end, I spent $150, way to prove my point dude
                              well if you could ride my bike and then yours I could prove my point and many others!

Not to mention Eric is asking for people that have done the swap and you haven't so you truely wouldn't know what a gixer frontend would do for a kat.

By the way eric, you will also want to look into a rear shock.

I can't wait to see what you decide to do eric, if you want to sell the gixer forks pm me!
                              Last edited by ThAzKat; 01-05-2009, 07:49 PM.
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              Who knows what is next?

Comment

you don't have a gixer front end, you have a busa front end. I HAVE done a 93 USD gixer 750 fork swap on a tuna. So there And the 93 kicked a$$ BTW. But that has the same steering head bearings as a tuna And in 93, it also didn't weigh a **** load less then a tuna
                                Last edited by arsenic; 01-05-2009, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X