Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Read this before posting in this forum !!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read this before posting in this forum !!

Welcome to Touring 411 ! This is a forum that has been requested by many members to accomodate everyone who's been on or planning to go on a long ride or tour.

In this forum you can feel free to share your stories about tours that you've been on, whether it was with a group or by yourself. Feel free to share your pics as well from your trips. Give us your tips and ask questions about how to prepare your bike for a long ride, what to pack, etc. Of course feel free to post up routes that you have taken on tours and feel free to post up questions about potential routes and possible hookups along the way. Any tips or tricks of the trade for touring are welcome as well, basically anything that you've experienced or want to experience on a long ride can be talked about here.

This forum is strictly for long rides and tours. Do NOT post up anything about "Hey who's up for a ride this weekend" type of stuff or it will be removed by the KR Staff. We have the Regional forums for all your local rides and get togethers available for those topics. This is a trial run for this forum so enjoy and let's see where we can go with this

Just a quick question. Feel free to remove this though.

what is considered a long ride? I have done 250 miles in a day, is that a long ride?
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Riding 250 miles in a day is nice ride, Ive done that more times than I can count

Mainly we're looking to focus on rides where you're out on the road for days or weeks at a time. Rides where you have to actually plan out gas stops, sleep stops, food stops, etc.

Comment

THE MOD GODZ HAVE HEARD OUR PLEAS!!! THIS IS SO SWEET!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
          Riding 250 miles in a day is nice ride, Ive done that more times than I can count

Mainly we're looking to focus on rides where you're out on the road for days or weeks at a time. Rides where you have to actually plan out gas stops, sleep stops, food stops, etc.
          Thanks, while I would love to do a ride like that, im just not ready yet.
          It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
            THE MOD GODZ HAVE HEARD OUR PLEAS!!! THIS IS SO SWEET!!
            Yeah, but I suspect none of the mods for this forum have ever done over 1000 miles at a pop on two wheels, or even gone over 2k miles on a single leg of a trip.

Matt, Fred, Jax -- you know I'm just ribbing you, right? Get out there and do it, dagnabit!

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Have I done 1000 miles at a pop on 2 wheels.. Nope, can't say Ive done that. Im nowhere near an ironbutt on those terms. Ive done road trips for long weekends that covered 600-700 miles in 2 days though.

Comment

When you live in Australia 1000 kms is a short trip to the next town .. I am doing 1000 each way this weekend to go to the Aussie Street Fighters Yearly April Fools Run, Show and shine and get pissed (Aussie for drunk) night 8) I will have to post some pics of the whole event .. 8) .. If I dont get too drunk and forget to take any LOL
                2001 GSX750F
                1995 ZZR600

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGodfrey
                  When you live in Australia 1000 kms is a short trip to the next town .. I am doing 1000 each way this weekend to go to the Aussie Street Fighters Yearly April Fools Run, Show and shine and get pissed (Aussie for drunk) night 8) I will have to post some pics of the whole event .. 8) .. If I dont get too drunk and forget to take any LOL
                  We're holding you to that! Pics of the trip are a must!
                  sigpic

Comment

This will be a real nice thread.
                    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch
                      Just a quick question. Feel free to remove this though.

what is considered a long ride? I have done 250 miles in a day, is that a long ride?
                      sasquatch in my book that's touring I did 300 miles one time and I was broke down when i got to the end of my trip and I no longer had a butt. Next time i'm going to bungie a pillow to my seat and let everyone laugh at me as I pass them in comfort.

Comment

Working...
                      X