No announcement yet.
X

My Yazukati build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my rearsets in yesterday.....going to work perfectly.....I sent the payment for the swingarm today......figure 3 days for the letter to get there, then give them 5 to get the part to me.....so middle of next week I hope. Still havent found a rear rim or brake caliper though

almost bare......

I will post pictures step by step when I get the new swingarm of what I have to do to make it fit. I am going to test fit it with the frame unmodified to see if it would work to give some of you an option for a new rear then I will work from there.
    Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Figured out where the lockstops are.....are they REALLY necessary?
      Steering locks?
      They are not for tanks slap.
      They:
      a. prevent the handlebars from dinging the tank.
      b. prevent your hands from getting trapped between the tank and the bar.
      (pinning the throttle or preventing brakeing.)
      They are not "necessary" but a good thing to have.
      If you need to you can move them..

About the rear caliper. If you have the means just about any caliper will work. The swept area of a rear brake is small enough that as long as
      the braket lines up (centers the caliper on the rotor side to side)
      you are good.

Oh and IMO go with the 600 top tree/bars, it swaps right over and
      is more aggressive.

Comment

Are you talking about a gsxr 600 front end? I was told the 750 and 1100 swapped in directly.....do the early 600's as well? What years fit? I just dont want the katan front as it sucks horribly.
        Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Originally posted by BlackKatnWV
          Are you talking about a gsxr 600 front end? I was told the 750 and 1100 swapped in directly.....do the early 600's as well? What years fit? I just dont want the katan front as it sucks horribly.
          My bad are you changing front ends?
          I was saying that the 600 Katana top tree swaps right over to the
          Kat750.. If you are changing fronts then I guess you are going with the
          GSXR unit.. About what fronts sawp out? No clue..
          All that data must be here though.

Comment

as far as i know the gsxr 750 91 and 92 go in directly
            1990 600 kat on going projectNow with zxr 750 frontend

Comment

Waltari posted the 91-95 750 fronts swap directly on. I am talking to the guy who pulled the auction on me about picking up his front....so far we have agreed on $150 shipped....now I just need $150
              Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

....now I just need $150

Aint that the way?
                A B12 motor is a direct sawp..
                Now all I need is the cash for one..

Damn cash

Comment

Money sucks.....I need to insure a 2nd car so I can start serving again. I can make the money fast I just told my g/f i wouldnt invest any money into the bike other than the money i made off the parts lol........guess I have to fudge it a little and make an exception.....not often you find a complete deal like this so.....oops?
                  Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

heard that story before

1990 600 kat on going projectNow with zxr 750 frontend

Comment

I swapped a 91 GSXR 750 front into my 95 Kat 600. It bolts right in. The steering stem is a tad longer but is no big deal as the threads go down far enough on the stem to tighten 'er up appropriately.

The only problem I've had is with the front wheel. I got one for a 91 gixxer off of evilbay. It didn't come with any spacers or anything so I went to good ole Ron Ayers and pooched the diagram and part numbers and ordered them up from the dealer. Well everything was going swimmingly until I tried to put the gixxer spacer on the left side. It is too long! What is odd is that the old Katana spacer seems to be the right length, but obviously the diameter is too small.

I am wondering the evilbay wheel seller didn't have his years right???

I confident the fork is a 91, and it bolted right up no problem, but the wheel thing has me a little perplexed.

Comment

I just realized this morning..
                        CBR 600 F3 front end will also slot right in..
                        Not sure about the wheel size, the the forks are the same size..

Comment

There are alot of forks that will fit the only issue is the spacing in the tripple trees being to different. Are you talking about the entire front end off a cbr or just using the forks and wheel?
                          Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Waitin on the parts to come in.....

Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

There are alot of forks that will fit the only issue is the spacing in the tripple trees being to different. Are you talking about the entire front end off a cbr or just using the forks and wheel?
                              Good point..
                              I know the forks will fit..
                              I can check the spacing..
                              A guy at work has one.

Comment

Well I got the rear brake caliper in the mail.......I guess its a start........the rest should be here by saturday I hope. The guy with the wheel slacked ass on me and instead of mailing it out the next day like his auction stated it took him until monday (4 days after the auction ended, maybe more).

I guess I cant complain to much since everything I got was cheap as crap.....just hate waiting for it all. Also have my R6 race tail comming in the mail (was supposed to be mailed over a week ago, not even sure if its sent yet).....

Also I guess Im going to get into a bidding war over my GSXR triple tree set I want......then to blow MOOOOOOORe on the R1 suspension WOOHOO!!

Good part is I still havent spent one dime into the bike. I paid $500 for it, sold parts and invested that money back into the new parts so I am still at the original $500 I paid for it. That will all change soon though ahaha
                                Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Working...
                                X