No announcement yet.
X

New (tp me) SV1000S

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a TL for sale around here too. Kinda glad I didn't buy it after reading about all the issues and funky stuff with those bikes. Personally, I don't like the looks of the TL anyway.

Comment

Awesome find.. Love the bike and the color!
      Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

Welcome to the SV family! You made a good choice . Mine's a bit newer with a bit more mods. Not sure where you're located, but if you're nearby, it would be nice to ride with another 1k (there are 3 in town here).
        Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

That looks like a fun bike! Personally I like the fairing on it much better. Especially up here..
          My YouTube Videos
          My motorcyle map!

Comment

Originally posted by brentwoodkris View Post
            Welcome to the SV family! You made a good choice . Mine's a bit newer with a bit more mods. Not sure where you're located, but if you're nearby, it would be nice to ride with another 1k (there are 3 in town here).
            Portland, OR is close to home. Just got new shorty orange CNC levers for it today, can't wait to install them!

Comment

That is my fav SV color and all....would love to have one and put dual CF Yosh pipes on it.
              Godspeed
              CSBA #1167
              Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                Such a shame too! Great motor! Only about 105 HP at the rear wheel, but 76 ft lbs of torque. Kind of a mid step between a 600 SS and a 1K inline bike. Next step is to get a PowerCommander for it and have my dyno guy work it. Maybe it's just a V-twin thing, but it surges pretty bad below about 3K RPM.
                It is going to require some heavy tuning to get 105 at the rear wheel. Wheeler worked on mine for about 4 or 5 hours and got 106.5 with bolt on cans, K&N filter, Pair valve mod, modding the air box, and raising the tank 10mm. Raise the idle just a little and it will help some with the surging but tuning will fix it. Look up how to do the R6 throttle mod and it will feel like a new bike but will come up quick if you grab a fist full of throttle. I would go with a full exhaust to get a few more hp but I don't want to lose the dual exhaust. With that tuning the top speed seems to be about 171 indicated (153-154), So I have been told...

Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

Originally posted by JHILDE View Post
                  It is going to require some heavy tuning to get 105 at the rear wheel. Wheeler worked on mine for about 4 or 5 hours and got 106.5 with bolt on cans, K&N filter, Pair valve mod, modding the air box, and raising the tank 10mm. Raise the idle just a little and it will help some with the surging but tuning will fix it. Look up how to do the R6 throttle mod and it will feel like a new bike but will come up quick if you grab a fist full of throttle. I would go with a full exhaust to get a few more hp but I don't want to lose the dual exhaust. With that tuning the top speed seems to be about 171 indicated (153-154), So I have been told...

All those mods are already done. Has shorty Yosh Titanium tri-ovals on it. Did the tank spacer mod myself, PAIR mod was already done as was the air filter. Just need a PowerCommander and to let my dyno genius touch it! Just installed some orange shorty levers like yours too last night.

Comment

Just be careful, I hear that fuel injection is hard to tune.
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      Just be careful, I hear that fuel injection is hard to tune.
                      Can't be that hard, Ken Wheeler at Wheelers Performance did JHildes SV1K in no time, on the dyno.

See My Garage for mods...
                      T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                      Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
                        Can't be that hard, Ken Wheeler at Wheelers Performance did JHildes SV1K in no time, on the dyno.
                        /sarcasm

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Also Wheeler has tuned a few SVs already... so he probably had some idea of where to start to get the best results.
                          -Steve

sigpic
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
                            I sure did seem like a while standing there in leathers... It took him about 5 hours.

Originally posted by steves View Post
                            Also Wheeler has tuned a few SVs already... so he probably had some idea of where to start to get the best results.
                            He used a base map from his BAD A$$ TL1000 and went from there. That is a bike that I would like to ride, V-twin, all the work wheeler could think to do to it, and carbon fiber wheels.
                            Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

You guys really cant take a joke huh?

Comment

Since never
                                -Steve

sigpic
                                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                                X