X

Saddle bags?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddle bags?

Ok this may just wierd question but does anyone know if there is either a soft or hard case saddle bags for the katana?

"Sex with out love is really just exercise.So grab a friend and let's all workout!!"

Freebird01 " ok so kid cuts school and jumps in the Schuylkill river and dies....darwin at work?"
    >JayBell " Express lane Darwin, no lines, no waiting, instant gene pool deletion

Yes, both.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I'm pretty impressed with the Dowco saddle bags (easily find them under $80 ) if your looking for a set at a budget price.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I have expandable Fieldsheer tank and saddlebags.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I have .....something ...... been there for ALMOST as long as I had the bike .....
          Nelson Riggs . That's it . Lose their shape if you don't pack light (like me) . But they work just fine .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

The cortech sport saddle bags fit well and secure, and they're extremely good quality.

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
              I have expandable Fieldsheer tank and saddlebags.
              +1 great stuff, especially for the price.
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

What about hard bags, I haven't seen any options, especially for pre-kats.

I found a good number of hard bags available on the megacheap (sub $60) on ebay, many of which include turn signal lights. I'm looking at buying a set because I really prefer the look of a hard bag and like having a solid, locking case to put things like a tool kit or my registration into as well as store things like maybe my lunch, netbook or external HD, because I don't like having to wear a backpack, though at the moment that's the only option I have.

Link to hard bags or an image?
                I REALLY want these:

Apparently these are from RKA Luggage and offered the following info:
                47 liter saddlebags Special Striping Graphics.
                23 liter Expandable 3 point tankbag in closed position, premium colors.
                I've emailed them already to see what I can find out.
                Here's the source page, as they appear to still be in business since their main page talks about FIND US ON FACEBOOK.

Black & Blue
                Last edited by black&blue; 02-21-2012, 03:49 PM.
                Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
                Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
                2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

Those look like early Krausers - good luck locating them or brackets to mount em up. You might get lucky with a set of Givi's - but may have to
                  modify brakets to fit.
                  2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                  2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by diavolo View Post
                    Those look like early Krausers - good luck locating them or brackets to mount em up. You might get lucky with a set of Givi's - but may have to
                    modify brakets to fit.
                    Updated, they're from RKA Luggage, which appears to still be in business!
                    Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
                    Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
                    2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

You might get lucky with a set of Givi's - but may have to modify brakets to fit.
                      ditto.

It's not so much the hard bags as it is the metal mounting racks. I would say search on eBay for Givi racks, SW Motech racks and there's a third European brand that makes hard luggage and brackets that I can't remember right now. When you do search on eBay, if you are a member, save that search and every time eBay's automatic search picks up those keywords, it will email you what products are available.

I also might try ebay in Europe & Australia. Some of those sellers ship world-wide.
                      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Thought I'd share this:
                        I'm going ahead and ordering myself a set of 33L bags from RKA Luggage.

Richard over at RKA is a Katana owner, too.
                        Here's some info of colors available, I'm getting Navy Blue. One of my biggest gripes with the bags out there is that they're all friggin black.

Current stuff that'd fit us is listed here:

Very personable, quick to reply, too.

Here's Richard's 1983 Katana 750, which he still has (and those bags aren't available anymore)
                        And! Richard racing his Katana 600 back in 1988 or 1989.

Thought this was pretty cool and I'll let you guys know how my RKA stuff works out.

Here are the specific 33L bags I ordered.

They did also post a how-to video for mounting.
                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Grand total out the door is $254-- and in the color I wanted, and I'll still be able to seat a passenger.

-Black & Blue
                        Last edited by black&blue; 02-22-2012, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
                          ditto.

There's a third European brand that makes hard luggage and brackets that I can't remember right now.
                          The third brand is Hepco Becker.
                          2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                          2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                            I have .....something ...... been there for ALMOST as long as I had the bike .....
                            Nelson Riggs . That's it . Lose their shape if you don't pack light (like me) . But they work just fine .
                            Indeed. Mine have worked for a decade.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

The third brand is Hepco Becker.
                              Yes, that is the one.
                              How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                              How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                              How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                              How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Working...
                              X