Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Ever had the chance to ride a 2004 daytona 600?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever had the chance to ride a 2004 daytona 600?

Holy mackerel! I found one of these for super duper cheap. It needs a stator. He has it, just hasn't installed it. Bike has been sitting in a garage for 2 years. It is 2 hrs away from where I live... Its naked and The bike has never been down. But someone threw away the farings on accident.. I want to keep it naked tho, so its a win win.. bike has ~3400 on it practically new..

On the downside it has been under the radar and not registered under the dmv for 2 years..

What do you guys think of this one? Ever ride one?

Any comments or opinions welcome

TIA

Never ridden one, but that's a whole lot of sketchiness...never been down but someone threw away the fairings? Ooook...

I've ridden the Daytona 955I, now that's a sexy machine.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I agree, I am def going to give her another call before I go up. She sounded very honest. She is in the military and she was on leave. But now that shes back she just wants to get rid of it..

Comment

I've never ridden one but I agree. "never been down" and "fairrings accidently thrown away" doesn't quite mesh. The fact that it has sat for 2 years as well... sitting takes a toll on a bike. So you shouldn't consider it practically new. New tires will be needed for sure. I'd also take a real close look at the brake lines. Also have you heard it turn over? "I have a stator but don't want to put it on" could mean anything from he took a lazy approach to maintenance to it has a locked motor so I just want to duped this pile on someone else.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
          I've never ridden one but I agree. "never been down" and "fairrings accidently thrown away" doesn't quite mesh. The fact that it has sat for 2 years as well... sitting takes a toll on a bike. So you shouldn't consider it practically new. New tires will be needed for sure. I'd also take a real close look at the brake lines. Also have you heard it turn over? "I have a stator but don't want to put it on" could mean anything from he took a lazy approach to maintenance to it has a locked motor so I just want to duped this pile on someone else.
          I really value your guys opinions. Much thanks to opening my eyes to the bigger picture. Also for pointing out what to look for.

Can a bike turn over with a bad stator? I imagine the battery is dead if its been sitting..

Comment

I know a few guys that had them, Dave (Range) just sold his last year when he got his ducati and he loved his. IIRC Junior, range sexwax and owlman all had the daytona 600's, or 650, it's been a while lol. Hit the search funston and you may find some old posts, or head over to the triumph daytona forum and do some reading.

The only downside is it's a triumph and the dealer network may be sparse in your area. FYI if I remember right the slip on's off some Ninja's is a direct swap.

As for the bike, the sitting for 2 years , well **** happens and he may have had to stop riding for a while. The no fairings is very odd, unless he had planned to street fighter it, but even then who's stupid enough to throw away $1000 worth of bike plastics rather than ebaying them??.

BTW get the vin and google it, I've seen a few stolen bike threads over the years and if they posted the VIN it should show up in a search.
            Kyle

Comment

Researched the F out of this bike. The bike is legit, not stolen, but salvaged. The bike was in a collision and it was completely restored. The best part is the bike had a 4k paint job... The bike was parked at a buddies house because he had a garage and could store it.. His wife bought a flat screen tv. The owner was doing work on the bike and took off the fariings and placed them in the TV box. His wife threw away the tv box thinking it was trash. OOPS! There goes 4k!!! The owner is a cool guy and answered all my questions without hesitation. After the last phone conversation, I really have no weird feelings of doubt.

Anyone have an idea how much it costs to register a bike in CA from VA. With backed tags 2 from 2 years! oof..
              Last edited by 1swifthawaiian7; 01-03-2012, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Alright, not sure if this should be created or I can just add on here, but I just wanted some feedback on the 2004 Triumph Dayton 600. I'm looking at a CL post that is for an 04 | 6k miles | for $3k. With my knowledge in bikes, this seems really good (plus it is end of riding season). The thing that worries me is, is there a reason I should stay away from Triumph? I'm just not familiar with costs for the make. I've only owned 1 bike, 02 Kat. Parts were cheap. I'm not too concerned with buying upgrades for it, performance wise. Just looking for maybe things that need maintenance, like oil filters, chain/sprocket sets, and things like that. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, if i need to create new thread please let me know, Would be glad to do so.
                - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

Those era bikes have plastic tanks that tend to deform from ethanol along with some electrical issues.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

OUCH! Anything specific as far as electrical goes? And plastic tanks?? Really???? That's crazy! Guess I'll skip out and stick with the big 4

here is the CL listing as well: http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/mcy/3346124300.html
                    Last edited by DaneG320U545; 10-19-2012, 01:36 PM. Reason: added CL link
                    - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

Working...
                    X