X

Another Thread about bleeding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steves View Post
    There is no volume listed that I'm aware of.
    Sorry, I do not understand what you say (Because of my poor English).

However a badly connected fitting could have been your issue all along.

I would attempt to return the defective lines
    I can not return, were made by a friend who bought hoses and terminals separately some time ago. Now I will order the lines to a house of hydraulic connections.
    Any particular advice as to the measures? Or whatever ...

Comment

Sorry, I mis read your question.

Use a piece of Category 5e networking cable and run it the same as the lines, then add about 1.5" to each and that's a good rule of thumb.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Well, a friend lent me the money and bought the two lines with copper washers.
        I filled the circuit in reverse, from the caliper and to be sure that there was no air then purged in the usual way.
        Result: The same! I give up.

Comment

Then one of your rebuilds was not successful.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Remove the speed bleeder, and put the original screw back in.

Something, somewhere in the system is wrong.

Did you replace the seals in the piston as part of your rebuild? Did you wash all the seals in fluid prior to installing?
            -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Sounds like it has to be a master cylinder issue.

Comment

Oh speedbleeders?

Yeah, take that crap out.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

The speedbleeders can sometimes leak air from the threads which will cause an issue for an initial system fill.
                  -Steve

sigpic

Comment

how can you tell if you have speedbleeders? did they come on pre 600s?

Comment

Originally posted by joedan View Post
                      how can you tell if you have speedbleeders? did they come on pre 600s?
                      They are aftermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                        Then one of your rebuilds was not successful.
                        Is a possibility. If the problem persists I will rebuild the calipers again.

Remove the speed bleeder, and put the original screw back in.

Something, somewhere in the system is wrong.

Did you replace the seals in the piston as part of your rebuild? Did you wash all the seals in fluid prior to installing?
                        At this moment I have installed speedbleeder. But before that, I tried with the originals and the result was the same.
                        Yes, I lubed everything with brake fluid before assembly.

Originally posted by jetmerritt View Post
                        Sounds like it has to be a master cylinder issue.
                        I do not know, the master cylinder is rebuilt and is very unusual to make mistakes with that. It's very easy to do!

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                        Oh speedbleeders?

Yeah, take that crap out.
                        This weekend I will eliminate definitely! But as I said before, without the speedbleeders the problem persists.

The speedbleeders can sometimes leak air from the threads which will cause an issue for an initial system fill.
                        This weekend I'll fill the system using the originals.

Thanks for all the advice! They are very useful!!!

Comment

Well, this is what I did for now:

- I've replaced the hoses (the same type, I could not get better)
                          - Remove speedbleeders and placed the originals
                          - And bleed and bleed and bleed...

I refuse to think that I have to rebuild the calipers again.
                          I refuse to think that I have to rebuild the master cylinder again!
                          But with regard to the master cylinder, is it possible that something else fails? (besides the rebuild kit).

Well, the result. There is a notable improvement. Although not yet runs completely as it should, touch has improved and braking power is feels much earlier. When I can get good quality hoses I'll see what happens. If no improvement, although I hate having to do it again, I will check master cylinder and calipers (in what order? What is related more with the failure?).

Comment

Sounds like you're on the right track. Personally I only got so far with mine before getting a GSX-R master cylinder. I got a 2 year old one for very little money on eBbay. It was a 2004 GSX-R 600 after installing that it has been perfect.

Comment

I like the idea of using a GSXR master cylinder!
                              Do you have to do some adaptation? Increased breaking power?

Comment

you couldn't find better brake lines where you live? i got a full set or ss braided lines for 81 shipped. that's a 2 line front setup and the rear.you should check with g&j airline brakes if they would ship to you. they are here on the board.

Comment

Working...
                                X