Another Thread about bleeding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Thread about bleeding

Hi everyone!
    First of all, I remind you that I do not speak English. As I write and read using an online translator. Please be patient!

Ok, I try to be precise.
    Problem: Low pressure in the brake lever (front brakes). No (zero) pressure in the first half.

- I rebuilt the calipers
    - I rebuilt the master cylinder.
    - I've replaced the hoses (metal mesh)
    - And I bleed and bleed infinity times

Result: The brakes work, but it only works half of the lever and with low pressure.

I made this video for you to understand me better:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJD3AlYFeSk"]YouTube - SVM A0058[/ame]

Any idea?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by boxin; 04-22-2011, 11:43 AM.

I unbolted master cylinder and turned lever end upwards with cap on and full of fluid, then pumped lever for a while allowing air to work it's way into reservoir from union to hose. Worked for me twice now, then rebolt master to handlebars, done!

Comment

Did you bleed the master cylinder? I always get a lot of air in mine when I bleed.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

scottynoface, could you explain me how to do that?
        jetmerritt is talking about the same?
        There is only one way?
        I just bleed through the calipers.
        Something I forgot to comment: I have Speedbleeders.

Comment

I have no experience with speedbleeders...

On my bike, whenever I flush the fluid, I always get air in my M/C. Have to pump, crack the lines off, then retighten a few times to get all of the air out.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I can not understand the procedure
            what you mean by "ckrack lines off"?

Comment

I loosen the banjo bolt to let the air out, I can usually hear it until it becomes straight fluid.

Comment

Tie the brake lever back (pulled in) over night and leave the cap to the master cylinder loose. Air should feed its way out of the system.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I tried methods of scottynoface (just out brake fluid) and jetmerritt (nothing seems to happen) but no improvement.
                  steves, tonight I'll do what you say.

Comment

Hmm, interesting...are you still using the stock 3 line set-up or is it a two line?

Comment

3 line, when I replaced the hoses, I used the same routing as the original

Comment

¿Usted tiene dos líneas o tres del freno?

Comment

3 as original...
                          I should have used 2?

Comment

Originally posted by boxin View Post
                            3 as original...
                            I should have used 2?
                            no, su opinión.

el bloque del divisor puede tener aire
                            Last edited by Black_peter; 04-22-2011, 01:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Black, write in English, there will be fewer errors and more able to understand if I frame with the original text and I translate it into Spanish.
                              Anyway, I understand you
                              If the splitter contains air, how do I remove it?
                              I'm seriously considering installing only 2 lines. Anyway, I still have to test that steves advised me.

Comment

Working...
                              X