X

zzr1200

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
    Use a Kawasaki filter from a Kawasaki dealer that says Kawasaki on the Kawasaki box that was made by Kawasaki (get it?) They have more media than the others I've looked at.
    Best advice here. Kawi's OEM oil filters are amazing.

Make sure you burp the filter after a change though.

And the three piece fairings? That's the way most bikes are, at least sporty bikes.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Advice taken. Just shot an email to Wes and set an appointment up with the guy. Here are my figures if you guys would like to critique. I dont know quite yet what to offer him yet.

I intend to format this a little better and bring it along with me to the sale to hopefully let him see where I stand on the price and how I feel about the bikes worth. Am I pretty close to the estimates?
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      PARTS NEEDED(Listed with OEM(if possible) and EBAY or other vendor value:
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

left grey side cover : 36001: COVER-SIDE,LH,M.GRAY : $51.64(found for 21$ ebay)

36040A: COVER-TAIL,P.M.BLACK (tail peice) $396.09(180 USD in blue on ebay)

13236: LEVER-COMP,CLUTCH (Clutch Lever) : $45.71(found for 18.95 on oldbikebarn.com)

23040: LAMP-SIGNAL,FR,LH (LEFT SIGNAL) : $53.35( Found 10USD + Shipping EBAY)

34028: STEP,FR,LH (Step and rubber sold seperately, rubber salvagable from current

footpeg) : $29.09

INNER FAIRING ( 25-40$ ebay)

THROTTLE\CHOKE CABLES : 10+shipping

Subframe handles (Rear handles for passenger) EBAY: 20$ + 10 Shipping

Tail light housing+lenses + 125+shipping ebay
      (No way found to buy just lens.)

Windscreen : 40+ shipping

OEM COST:
      -------------------

------
      1068 WITHOUT cost of fairings to purchase partially OEM parts ( tail lens, tail,

blinker, lever)

EBAY\MIXED COST:

----------------------

---------------

~570$ less cost of fairings

EBAY FAIRINGS : 323+225$ shipping = 548$ for ebay plastic

OEM plastic = Front Cowling(553$) , Left Lower cowl ( 386$)

Either 570+ 548 for ebay plastics = ~1200$, 570 + 900 for OEM cowl and left fairing =

1500$, or 1068 + 900$ for OEM parts and OEM cowl\left fairing at 2000$.

OPTIONS:

Asking price: 1800
      EBAY CHEAP 1200
      ----
      $3000
      OR
      Asking price 1800

Ebay parts + OEM PLASTIC 1500
      ------
      $3300

OR

Asking price 1800
      MOST oem parts 2000
      ----
      $4000

KBB RETAIL : $4450
      Price of Ebay bike: 4k OBO (link 1)
      Price of Craigslist bike : 4500 OBO, 6k miles, (Link 2)

NOTE: Turn signals and tail light lenses cannot be bought separatly

TO PRINT: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawas...ZZR1200-Sport-

Touring-

_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3f043f41b1QQitemZ27065 4194097QQptZUSQ5fmotorcycles#ht_500

wt_924

Comment

Well, going down to see him right now with some paperwork and things I printed off about its value. Wish me luck.

Comment

So- bike? No?

Wes said he thought your deal fell through.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
          -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

If it did...save your $ for another one...you won't be disappointed.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Sorry! Forgot to update here, was pretty disappointed.

I went to the guys house as I had asked if we could discuss the price, and I brought a whole bunch of ebay sold listings and local craigslist adds, a parts list for the repairs, an article on salvage title depreciation, and what the bike books for in good condition.

As soon as were sitting down he goes ''I dont know why were here because the lowest Ill go is 1700.'' So, in effect, I wasted my time. I told him he may as well listen as any other buyer will come to the same conclusion as I have, and that at best its only worth around 900$ and he then switched over to ''Well you know, I may fix it up cheap and ride it myself in the spring, I need a good big bore bike". Highly doubtful.

Apparently he only payed around 600 bucks for it thinking it would flip easily into 2k but he kinda got screwed since all of the plastic on this bike is so hard to find and expensive. I left him with my number and said I am still interested at 900 dollars if he ever wants to give me a call.

meh

Comment

That may be for the best...but if you save up for one, again, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by Angrytoaster View Post
                  Apparently he only payed around 600 bucks for it thinking it would flip easily into 2k but he kinda got screwed since all of the plastic on this bike is so hard to find and expensive. I left him with my number and said I am still interested at 900 dollars if he ever wants to give me a call.

meh
                  Sounds like he wants to sell you his loss- I wouldn't bite.

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
                    Sounds like he wants to sell you his loss- I wouldn't bite.
                    Agreed. He apparently went in thinking it was a touring goldwing-esque bike and I filled him in that he got gipped. If he called me to take it for 8-900 I'd be game as Wes offered me some great prices but for anything more than that it's me getting seriously ripped off.

Comment

Working...
                    X