X

1992 honda cbr 600 f2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 honda cbr 600 f2

Not really a review, but a Review would help me decide.

Can anyone here, tell me anything about this bike, or experiences they have had with them.

Guy says it has been sitting for 7 years, but all fluids were drained before it was stored. says he recommends putting on new tires, chain, and other basic maint. items done to bike as it has been sitting so long

He is asking $500 OBO, and that alone is a good price for ANY bike IMO!

Feedback is greatly appreciated. TY!
    Last edited by 06katanarider; 10-05-2010, 07:56 PM.
    R.I.P. CYBERPOET

***WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY***

what kinda shape is the frame and plastic in? if you put tires, chain, and fluids and do a carb clean and it runs I don't think you can go wrong. The F2's were good bikes.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

Comment

Send it my way. I'm looking for a stunt bike. The Honda is the best one for that.

Comment

Buy it pilgrim…

It's a BUY IT NOW deal!
        You don't want it, get it running and sell it for $1500.
        Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Kfreak View Post
          Send it my way. I'm looking for a stunt bike. The Honda is the best one for that.
          Psh, you ever stunted on a 636?
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Just looking for something to beat the crap out of.

Comment

He says bike needs tires for sure, and could use chain, sprockets as it has not been driven in 7 years. It rolls now, but he said chain and sprockets should be changed out every year or so ne ways. It does have the plastics, but he said they do need work as they are scratched and/or cracked in some places.

I think I am going to offer him $300 and see if he bites.
              R.I.P. CYBERPOET

Comment

They made 100hp/48lbtq at the crank...they were a little bit of a boat for a 600 but they did make a pretty good bit of torque. I think the thing I liked least was that generation of Enkei wheels...no options for bigger brakes...have to replace the wheel. But not everyone is worried about bigger brakes.

Comment

weigh in @ 407lbs from what I read.

Talked to a buddy of mine, and he says that if they drained all the fluids and it has been sitting for 7 yrs, i may be running into MANY problems internally as any seals or o-rings may be rotted out/cracked.
                  R.I.P. CYBERPOET

Comment

It's possible...they should have left oil in the case at least, though. Odds are it's fine, though. I might drop some marvel mystery oil on top of the pistons and let it set for a couple days, but outside of that she's probably fine. There's very few "soft" parts in it really that can cause a lot of trouble and the odds are in your favor. I can't tell you how many bikes I've brought back after finding them rotting on their side in a field for no one knows how long.

Comment

Originally posted by makenzie71 View Post
                      It's possible...they should have left oil in the case at least, though. Odds are it's fine, though. I might drop some marvel mystery oil on top of the pistons and let it set for a couple days, but outside of that she's probably fine. There's very few "soft" parts in it really that can cause a lot of trouble and the odds are in your favor. I can't tell you how many bikes I've brought back after finding them rotting on their side in a field for no one knows how long.

Okay, thanks for all the info.

I am still awaiting pics from the seller.
                      R.I.P. CYBERPOET

Comment

Any sport bike is a deal at $500 if it is solid and has a clear title.

I've ridden an F2 (and an F3, and an F4) and ridden with/against guys on F2's....... They aren't real light, but feel lighter on their feet than the kat by far. Don't let the "100hp" claimed get you excited.... they are noticeably slower than a kat 750 acceleration-wise. Compared to the kat I was riding at the time, the F2 was much smoother running, smoother shifting, and made less mechanical clatter.
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

If you don't get it send him my way.

Comment

Working...
                          X