No announcement yet.
X

Front End USD Swap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had that wrong. the offset 320mm rotors are +20 and the offset 310mm rotors are 22. THe 1100's had 310mm rotors.

Comment

Thanks for looking. I'll message the guy about the Paul Smart because in the description it says "used front sprocket cover" and not handlebars.. Always good to be sure.

As for the 400SS, I did see that myself but it's no good to me because there's only the left hand one up and I really need both

Comment

I'm interested in higher clip ons. the gsxr ones i have now are about an inch to low for my style of riding.
        Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
        Tony
        94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
          I'm interested in higher clip ons. the gsxr ones i have now are about an inch to low for my style of riding.
          Did you swap the front too or just the handlebars? Mind posting up a pic of what they look like mounted?

Comment

i swapped the entire front end. including bars.
            yeah i can post up but i'll have to grab my gf's camera so it might be a few days.
            Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
            Tony
            94 Katana 600

Comment

The GSXR clipons mount below the upper tripple, and not above like GSXF clipons. Which makes for a not as comfortable ride compared to stock.
              Without having a tape measure at hand, I'd say it's about 3-4 cm lower than stock 600cc, and probably more compared to the 750.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmie View Post
                The GSXR clipons mount below the upper tripple, and not above like GSXF clipons. Which makes for a not as comfortable ride compared to stock.
                Without having a tape measure at hand, I'd say it's about 3-4 cm lower than stock 600cc, and probably more compared to the 750.
                I have quite long arms so I don't think I'll be pulled too much more over the tank by a few cm extra.. But the extra pressure on my wrists, especially on long tours, is something I'm not too keen on.
                Oh but for more money I'd have snapped up those expensive ones with risers by now

i swapped the entire front end. including bars.
                yeah i can post up but i'll have to grab my gf's camera so it might be a few days.
                Thanks very much
                Last edited by Wolfe_UK; 09-28-2010, 02:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

uhg huge fight with the GF ..... so i wont be able to get any pics up anytime soon. unless i can find a camera from somewhere. or have an i phone user snap one and send it to my email.
                  Last edited by il_ragazzo; 10-02-2010, 08:18 AM. Reason: grammer
                  Tony
                  94 Katana 600

Comment

uhg huge fight with the GF ..... so i wont be able to get any pics up anytime soon. unless i can find a camera from somewhere. or have an i phone user snap one and send it to my email.
                    No worries. Thanks anyway, I just wanted to have a look at things like clearances, spacing and heights of the front end when it's fitted to help me visualise and plan while I wait for the last few bits to appear.

Also HUGELY tempted by these:

Any opinions or verdicts?

Comment

those look really cool actually. my step sis should be around tomorrow to take a few pics for me so maybe Sunday night Monday morning -ish.
                      Tony
                      94 Katana 600

Comment

Damn egay bargains.. Thought I'd found a decent pair of discs for £40 but they got picked off at the last minute.

That said, with 2.5mm spacers I should be able to fit MK1 bandit discs. Need to do a bit of research on how practical and safe that would be..

Comment

How safe running spacers is? It's plenty safe, so long as they're machined properly. The brake discs are hub centric. If your spacer extends passed the lip, then they need to have to have a step in them to allow the new disc to be centered properly.

I had to run a 3mm spacer on that setup.

Comment

That's a CX500 isn't it? Love what you've done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by makenzie71 View Post
                              offset suzuki rotors are all either 310mm or 320mm. 310's are 20mm, 320's are 22mm.
                              This has now been verified as untrue.

Suzuki brake discs DEFINITELY vary in offset, even if the bolt patterns and diameters match.

Comment

Working...
                              X