No announcement yet.
X

Front End USD Swap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so did we figure out whether Ducati Clipons will work or not yet?

sport classic uses 43mm forks i do believe.
    while the 900ss may use 50mm.

but i cannot confirm that yet.

Established in 1996, Woodcraft Technologies, Inc. designs and sells some of the most innovative sportbike products in the industry. We are committed to helping racers, track day riders and sportbike enthusiasts create the ultimate riding experience by saving time, money, and frustration on the track.

looks like i'ma pick up some ducati parts soon.
    Last edited by il_ragazzo; 09-27-2010, 04:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
      so did we figure out whether Ducati Clipons will work or not yet?

sport classic uses 43mm forks i do believe.
      while the 900ss may use 50mm.

but i cannot confirm that yet.

Established in 1996, Woodcraft Technologies, Inc. designs and sells some of the most innovative sportbike products in the industry. We are committed to helping racers, track day riders and sportbike enthusiasts create the ultimate riding experience by saving time, money, and frustration on the track.

looks like i'ma pick up some ducati parts soon.
      From what I've been looking at:

1) Some of the Ducati SS clipons are 40mm and will not fit. It's only certain year SS/Monster models that had 50mm ones.

2) Ducati parts are damn expensive and I might have to go back to looking at GSXR ones.

Also:

These looked nice but too pricey.
      Last edited by Wolfe_UK; 09-27-2010, 04:59 AM.

Comment

I don't suppose anyone knows how interchangeable the front brake discs are on the old GSXRs are? I know the 750/1100 wheels are mix and match but the discs seem to go from 88-95 and then 96-03.
        Also found out that the following use the same brake discs:
        GSX 750 RR 1989
        GSXR 750 1988-1995
        RF900 1994-1998 [edit: apparently the Bandit 1200 95-05 uses the same ones as SOME of the RF900s but I don't know which years]
        GSXR 1100 1989-1993

Does anyone happen to have any others that they know would fit? (or even better if the SRAD ones can be used)
        Last edited by Wolfe_UK; 09-27-2010, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Can't really answer your question, but I use this site (http://www.metalgear.com.au/mgmodel.asp) to check out compability between brake discs.
          Might be of some help.

Check this (http://www.metalgear.com.au/part_disc.asp?partno=21.027)
          It's the p/n for GSXR750 -92 (w/c) brake discs, and which bikes it fits.
          Last edited by Jimmie; 09-27-2010, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Pretty much all the like-era suzukis had interchangeable calipers. I don't know about the RF...and 1st/2nd gen Bandit 1200's had different brake setups, with the later using 6-piston Tokicos, which I do not believe fit the earlier bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by makenzie71 View Post
              Pretty much all the like-era suzukis had interchangeable calipers. I don't know about the RF...and 1st/2nd gen Bandit 1200's had different brake setups, with the later using 6-piston Tokicos, which I do not believe fit the earlier bikes.
              For bolt on callipers, I'm limited to the older 750/1100 (either 4 or 6 POT) ones that go with the forks. Brackets are bast'rds to fit around the spacing for these ones.
              I already have a set of 4 POT 750 callipers on their way. The 6s don't feel too too much different than a good pair of the 4s anyway, and they're a lot easier to overhaul before putting them on

Comment

GSXR SRAD (96+) use 320mm discs, don't they? So they wont fit I guess.

Comment

Disc sizes you can run are limited by the wheels/fork combination.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmie View Post
                    Can't really answer your question, but I use this site (http://www.metalgear.com.au/mgmodel.asp) to check out compability between brake discs.
                    Might be of some help.

Check this (http://www.metalgear.com.au/part_disc.asp?partno=21.027)
                    It's the p/n for GSXR750 -92 (w/c) brake discs, and which bikes it fits.
                    Ahhh good stuff, thanks very much. A load of good info there

Originally posted by Jimmie View Post
                    GSXR SRAD (96+) use 320mm discs, don't they? So they wont fit I guess.
                    I checked them on the site you linked me to, and no they don't fit as they're flat and the ones I would need are 22mm offset.

Disc sizes you can run are limited by the wheels/fork combination.
                    Yep I'm aware of that which is why I'm asking if anyone can add to the pool of knowledge on what'll fit the wheel/fork combo I'm installing
                    Last edited by Wolfe_UK; 09-27-2010, 11:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I was responding to Jimmie...but your question has been lost to me. Which particular issue do you need to address right now?

Comment

I was responding to Jimmie...but your question has been lost to me. Which particular issue do you need to address right now?
                        Read:

Originally posted by Wolfe_UK View Post
                        I don't suppose anyone knows how interchangeable the front brake discs are on the old GSXRs are? I know the 750/1100 wheels are mix and match but the discs seem to go from 88-95.

Does anyone happen to have any others that they know would fit?

Comment

Gotcha. For the sake of generic looking, you can check this site out:

We geloven in de kracht van de motorrijdersgemeenschap en willen een plek bieden waar mensen met dezelfde passie elkaar kunnen vinden.

Skim through the Suzuki lists and anything that has the same diameter is likely the same disc.

These are all the same 310mm offset rotors, with only drilling patterns varying:

RGV250 (J/K/L 88-90), GSX400 (FJ-FL 88-90), GSX400 Impulse S (94-96), GSXR400RR K73A (88-90), GSF400 bandit (89-93 import models), GS500E (all years), RF400 (93 onward), GSF600 bandit (all years), GSX600 (89-2002 NOT early FJ model), RF600 (93-97), SV650 (99-2002), GSX750 (89-2002), and GSX1200 (99). I'm needing to confirm it but I believe all Bandit 1200's shared the same discs as GS500E's.

Comment

I had a look and I need to verify that the offsets are all the same 22mm amount that they'll line up with the callipers.

That said, I found these that I'm hoping in 6 days time will still be as cheeeeeaap

Comment

1989+ GSXR1100 discs are all +22mm. If they're off an 1100, they're 22mm.

offset suzuki rotors are all either 310mm or 320mm. 310's are 20mm, 320's are 22mm.

Comment

1989+ GSXR1100 discs are all +22mm. If they're off an 1100, they're 22mm.

offset suzuki rotors are all either 310mm or 320mm. 310's are 20mm, 320's are 22mm.
                                You say that but the site Jimmie linked states a couple of them as being 19.4 and while I know it says it's all being updated and such, numbers as specific as that don't just appear from the mists...

Comment

Working...
                                X