Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

everyone who wants to stretch their kat... i acutally found a bolt on kit!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
    Lol, I wouldn't buy anything from an ebay auction that uses the phrase "pimp your ride"
    sigpic
    -Cory-
    1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

Comment

ill give it a shot.. in all honestly i have to agree with krey. of corse i would powdercoat it so it would match my future black swinger. i have seen way worse looking bolt in kits from name brand places for the same price if not more.. imo i plan on this kit very soon.
      sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
      www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Originally posted by nealy212 View Post
        ill give it a shot.. in all honestly i have to agree with krey. of corse i would powdercoat it so it would match my future black swinger. i have seen way worse looking bolt in kits from name brand places for the same price if not more.. imo i plan on this kit very soon.
        if you pick it up anytime soon, let us know how it works out for ya... i'm still deciding on it, but might be picking one up in the next couple months

krey...

do you think the extra length would give you good enough clearance to fit a gsxr rim in there, or would it need to be widened as well?

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
        "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

So for you guys that are looking into this, are you actually drag racing where these will serve a functional purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by airforceranger49 View Post
            if you pick it up anytime soon, let us know how it works out for ya... i'm still deciding on it, but might be picking one up in the next couple months

krey...

do you think the extra length would give you good enough clearance to fit a gsxr rim in there, or would it need to be widened as well?
            no with an extension your putting the front of the tire in the wide part of the swinger. it seems that you would only have to move the brake arm point on the swinger.

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
            So for you guys that are looking into this, are you actually drag racing where these will serve a functional purpose?
            in all do time yes.
            Last edited by nealy212; 02-15-2010, 05:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

I might have my machinist fab up a couple of pairs for testing just to see for myself.

It's getting to the point I think I'm starting to think I should pick up another Kat just for product testing...

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                I might have my machinist fab up a couple of pairs for testing just to see for myself.

It's getting to the point I think I'm starting to think I should pick up another Kat just for product testing...

Krey
                lol amen to that.
                www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

no with an extension your putting the front of the tire in the wide part of the swinger. it seems that you would only have to move the brake arm point on the swinger.

in all do time yes.
                  Fair enough...I guess they'd be nice in the sense that you could easily remove them for normal street riding so you didn't permanently screw up your handling.

Comment

Fair enough...I guess they'd be nice in the sense that you could easily remove them for normal street riding so you didn't permanently screw up your handling.
                    this is true but you would go through chain links like crazy if you swapped them back and forth all the time. i have other plans in mind for a bike to hit the twisties with.
                    www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Kind of a moot point, because with the bike slammed for drag, you wouldn't need extensions anyway. Just a strap helps a ton. A strap plus slamming the back on a nice stiff setup would make it nearly impossible to loop out. Longer swingarms making it easier to spin, too. You can counteract this by fitting a wider back tire, but then you've added weight in the swingarm, and rotational weight in the tire/wheel, just to make up for a problem that could have been solved a better way.

Unless you have 150+ hp and a car tire, the swingarm extensions are just for looks.
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

predominantly no... but then again, florida isnt exactly known for its twisties (still have yet to find ONE twisty road)... so mine i'm looking more at the aesthetics of it

"for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads

Comment

this is true but you would go through chain links like crazy if you swapped them back and forth all the time. i have other plans in mind for a bike to hit the twisties with.

I would assume the intention was to use the clip style master links saftey wired. Only need 2 chains, 1 master link theoreticly for that...

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                            I would assume the intention was to use the clip style master links saftey wired. Only need 2 chains, 1 master link theoreticly for that...

Krey
                            thats true,, but i have had really bad luck with those style chains, but then again if there safety wired you should never really have a problem with it either..
                            www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

ok well heres the deal,, i weant to the guys websight and found that he is local to me. i sent him and email. im gonna go check these things out to see just how good and stable they are this weekend.
                              www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

ok well heres the deal,, i weant to the guys websight and found that he is local to me. i sent him and email. im gonna go check these things out to see just how good and stable they are this weekend.
                                sweet bro... def keep us updated... i've been talkin to the dude through ebay, and he seems to know his stuff... keep us posted!

my build threads

Comment

Working...
                                X