X

Busa master cylinder an upgrade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
    Now you have me confused you said that I wasn't quite right in your reply yet now you state that a smaller diameter piston does not move the same fluid as a larger piston using the same stroke. if you read my post I said that the smaller diameter piston increases the stroke needed compared to a larger diameter piston to push the pads out the same distance.
    Tmod
    The confusion arises because you missed out the work NEEDED in your original reply
    Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Okay, so I need a post master cylinder... I get that, but then why do all you post guys use Gsxr master cylinders?
      Originally posted by arsenic
      93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Word is that the radial master cylinders give a better feel..... I've never tried one, so I couldn't tell you.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I had a GSXR M/C and went back to the stock post 14mm.

Tmod

Comment

so does this mean i should switch to a post m/c on my pre kat with the busa front end?
            Chrome Project Part 1
            http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Originally posted by mreedohio View Post
              so does this mean i should switch to a post m/c on my pre kat with the busa front end?
              If you like the brakes the way they are don't change anything. I have no idea what calipers or m/c you have.

Tmod
              Last edited by Tmod; 12-02-2009, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
                Well the bolt spacing on the Nissan caliper did not match the Katana fork. At least it was only $5.00 I spent.
                What is the bolt spacing on that caliper?

Tmod

Comment

If you like the brakes the way they are don't change anything. I have no idea what calipers or m/c you have.

Tmod

im running busa stock calipers and busa m/c on my busa front end setup on my pre kat,the busa m/c shown in the pic a few posts back is mine
                  Last edited by mreedohio; 12-02-2009, 12:15 PM.
                  Chrome Project Part 1
                  http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Originally posted by mreedohio View Post
                    im running busa stock calipers and busa m/c on my busa front end setup on my pre kat,the busa m/c shown in the pic a few posts back is mine
                    If you went with the post m/c you would not have to pull on the lever with as much effort as your current setup, I am sure your current setup is fine but if you want more braking power you might consider that change.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                      Word is that the radial master cylinders give a better feel..... I've never tried one, so I couldn't tell you.
                      They started putting those on the 636 in 2005. I couldn't really tell any difference from the limited time I spent on one.
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Tmod
                        Should be 90mm centres

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
                          Should be 90mm centres
                          Just what exactly are "centres"?

Strikes me the 90mm spaced calipers are pretty common. The 4-pots I have from an 89 GSXR750 are 90mm, I believe. I've got a set of Brembo's too that I'd like to fit up, but I'm pretty sure they're something like 65mm on center.
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Comment

Tmod
                              From eyeballing the digital caliper on center, it is 62mm.
                              How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                              How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                              How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                              How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
                                From eyeballing the digital caliper on center, it is 62mm.
                                Any idea what it came off of?

Comment

Working...
                                X