Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did I read all 3 pages of posts?

Cool bike tough, Id build one.
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

just have to get in on this one.... I know this thread is old, but 80hp out of 350cc IS possible... on pump gas... maybe, depends on your builder. I love these motors. They can be built to the point of stupidity. I currently own one that puts down abut 45 hp to the wheels (wife's) and one that is around 65-70 (check my garage) If you put that motor in a bike, the power at the wheels goes up cuz of less rotational mass, hence 80 hp out of a bike is possible on pump gas. 110-120 is possible on better fuel with NO BORE OR STROKE MODS, 160-180 with real mods
      89 kat 750 turned kat 1157
      soon to be 89 GSX1157R
      01 bandit 1200 motor
      36mm cv carbs
      89 gsxr750 "dot" head (coming soom)...**** ebay
      89 gsxr750 cams (coming soon)...**** ebay
      modded yosh exhaust
      PPG Viper GTS blue
      EBC HH pads F&R
      Pirelli Diablo strada tires
      shovel chopped (I didn't do it, but I gotta fix it)
      ...and pods

Comment

Originally posted by JHONNY_ICE_420 View Post
        just have to get in on this one.... I know this thread is old, but 80hp out of 350cc IS possible... on pump gas... maybe, depends on your builder. I love these motors. They can be built to the point of stupidity. I currently own one that puts down abut 45 hp to the wheels (wife's) and one that is around 65-70 (check my garage) If you put that motor in a bike, the power at the wheels goes up cuz of less rotational mass, hence 80 hp out of a bike is possible on pump gas. 110-120 is possible on better fuel with NO BORE OR STROKE MODS, 160-180 with real mods
        Simple math...the 2010 GSX-R600 puts out a max 125 horsepower. That's 4.8 CC per horsepower...

Now, if we assume that this 125 horsepower is the max for a 600, and the power per CC is also maximized then we can conclude that the max for a 350 is:

350cc * 1 hp/4.8 CC = 73 HP

With reduced drive train resistance the rear wheel HP might hit 80.
        Some people are primarily positive, others negative. Some argue about whether the glass is half full or half empty. Me? I drink the contents and call it empty.

Comment

I could probably touch the ground on that thing

Comment

2 STROKE ENGINES ARE NOT LIMITED LIKE FOUR STROKE ENGINES.
            When equal cc engines are tested against each other, the smoker usually wins by a factor of 1.5, NOT 1.5 hp but 1 1/2 times the output of the four stroke.
            Examples: tss RS1100GP puts out a solid 220 hp--STOCK....at the wheels....How many gsxr 1k's and r1's have you seen with 220 wheel hp?
            A 450cc mx motor makes about 50 hp stock 60 modded and 80 on alcohol fuel. 350cc smokers are 35 hp stock, 50-80 with mild mods, and can be taken past 100 on alky with no problem, and they are 10 times as reliable when there aren't any moving parts besides the piston.

Actually, there's only one thing to say: My little 350cc 400lb quad will spank a litrebike in the 1/8 mile
            Last edited by JHONNY_ICE_420; 03-09-2010, 03:59 PM.
            soon to be 89 GSX1157R
            01 bandit 1200 motor
            36mm cv carbs
            modded yosh exhaust
            PPG Viper GTS blue
            EBC HH pads F&R
            ...and pods

Comment

That's great, but how often do you need to replace the cylinder heads on them 80hp, 350cc 2-stroke engines? 1 1/2 time more often than 4-stroke engine?
              How often do you really need 1 1/2 more power output anyway?

I much rather have less power output (more controllable 4-stroke engine power output) then having to replace the cylinder heads more often.

Comment

i think i would rock that!

OMG SHUT UP! http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/yamaha_tz_250_2002.php
                THIS BIKE IS SHORT 100CC'S! AND MAKES 89HP
                Last edited by il_ragazzo; 03-09-2010, 04:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                Tony
                94 Katana 600

Comment

I've NEVER had to replace a head or jug... as long as the piston-to-bore clearance is correct, you can run 2 pistons and 4 sets of rings on a single bore, and the cyls can be bored out 4 times before they need sleeves (.5mm per overbore)
                  I normally get 40 hrs of runtime (or a season) on a set of rings, but I have heard of people getting 120 hrs before needing a top-end rebuild.
                  Think about it: 2 seasons on a piston, 4 seasons on a bore, and 4 bores to a sleeve -- thats 16 years on a set of stock jugs!! then you just put new sleeves in
                  As for wear: high-perf smokers rarely cut reliability. You have to go to alcohol before wear & tear factor in, and that's just because the alky eats the crank seals and other rubber parts.
                  Don't let me make this seem easy, if your setup or tune is off a little and you aren't a great listener or even better tuner, you'll grenade that thing in a heartbeat.
                  Often times I've seen a consistent bike get a small vaccum leak and I can hear that it's "not right" at the line, but the guy gives her hell anyways and what do ya know....BOOOOOM at half to 3/4 track...

REALLY, IT'S A MATTER OF PREFERENCE......do you wanna ride a kinda-fast bike that's a little more reliable with a briggs&stratton powerband, or do you wanna ride sumthin that pulls your arms out of socket every time it comes on the pipe? not a hard question for me to answer.
                  and if you ever rode a h2 750 or other large smoker and lived, you might feel the same
                  Last edited by JHONNY_ICE_420; 03-29-2010, 11:16 AM.
                  soon to be 89 GSX1157R
                  01 bandit 1200 motor
                  36mm cv carbs
                  modded yosh exhaust
                  PPG Viper GTS blue
                  EBC HH pads F&R
                  ...and pods

Comment

My old 88 Honda TRX250R was putting out somewhere around 42-45hp with just a simple .100 overbore, CT porting, cylinder spacer plate thi, and a thinner CR head gasket, and an FMF Fatty exhaust (common 265cc build). A 330cc powervalved cylinder kit usually pushes the power up to around 60hp on that engine, and with a 400cc Polaris cylinder puts out arounnd 80hp. I've seen banshees running ported stock cylinders put out well over 60hp. The bored and stroked banshee engines running the Trinity Cheetah kits were putting out 120-125hp about 10 years ago when the biggest kit was only something like 510cc, now they make a 611cc kit.
                    Last edited by Psycho1; 03-29-2010, 01:18 PM.
                    John,
                    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                    sigpic

Comment

horse power

my 1988 katana 1100 on the motor is 180horsepower and it also has an additional 100 hore of nitrous, 280 total horsepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony View Post
                        my 1988 katana 1100 on the motor is 180horsepower and it also has an additional 100 hore of nitrous, 280 total horsepower.
                        And how much does all that hp weigh?

Comment

Originally posted by BigFish View Post
                          Simple math...the 2010 GSX-R600 puts out a max 125 horsepower. That's 4.8 CC per horsepower...

Now, if we assume that this 125 horsepower is the max for a 600, and the power per CC is also maximized then we can conclude that the max for a 350 is:

350cc * 1 hp/4.8 CC = 73 HP

With reduced drive train resistance the rear wheel HP might hit 80.
                          Obviously this has already been dispelled, but I thought I'd put some logic behind it.

Two stroke engines fire on every revolution, not every 2 revolutions like four strokes. Since horsepower is a measurement of force over time (TQ x RPM / 5252 = HP), you can see why a two stroke, firing twice as often, would make more horsepower per liter than a four stroke.
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I want this. Either this or one of the Formula 450 bikes.
                            "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

A updated Cafe'! how sweet can it get?!
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                              Who knows what is next?
                              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Now it's 116hp, 300 lb. loose the passenger pegs, it could be a few lbs. lighter even... but $140,000.

Comment

Working...
                                X