No announcement yet.
X

55HP @ 240 lb.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO, important thing is to have some validity to the claim, 85HP from a 350cc engine is simply too far out there of a claim. I'm sure you realize that if you think about it.

At least 35HP from a 350cc Yamaha Banche engine is documented somewhere:
    • Type: liquid-cooled, two-stroke cycle, Parallel Twin, reed valve
    • Displacement: 347cc
    • Compression Ratio: 6.5:1
    • Fuel System: Naturally aspirated w/dual Mikuni VM26SS
    • Ignition System: CDI, Kick start
    • Fuel:Premix Premium unleaded
    • 30 Horsepower @ 7500 rpm (Yamaha corp)
    • Dry weight: 386 pounds

Comment

"When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by K";1851818]IMO, important thing is to have some validity to the claim, 85HP from a 350cc engine is simply too far out there of a claim. I'm sure you realize that if you think about it.

At least 35HP from a 350cc Yamaha Banche engine is documented [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_Banshee_350
        somewhere[/URL]:
        • Type: liquid-cooled, two-stroke cycle, Parallel Twin, reed valve
        • Displacement: 347cc
        • Compression Ratio: 6.5:1
        • Fuel System: Naturally aspirated w/dual Mikuni VM26SS
        • Ignition System: CDI, Kick start
        • Fuel:Premix Premium unleaded
        • 30 Horsepower @ 7500 rpm (Yamaha corp)
        • Dry weight: 386 pounds
        Ok this is gettin pointless, YES the bike you posted looks fun, YES, You can get a heck of a lot more outta a 350 twin then 30-35 hp WITH MINOR MODS on pump gas!!! And YES im getting sick of the bickering back N forth about it! The fact is I really dont give a damn what the final numbers actually are,you can make them just about as powerful as ya want & it was merely an opinion. So lettem toss what ever they friggin want in the bike its not gonna matter to me in the least bit anyway.
        Joker
        The newest addition to the Family!
        sigpic
        stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post
          im getting sick of the bickering back N forth about it!

Hey Joker, my daddy can beat up your daddy!
          "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

My friggin gawd!!! If I wanna get into a biotch fest I can go out and deal with my looney neighbor!! Move it along already!
            Joker
            sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                How exactly would you make a 2 stroke road-legal anyway? I don't think they allow that anymore (with the exception of old bikes from when it was ok).
                And It wouldnt be road legal in the states LnL. Im pretty sure EPA Really started getting on the 4 stroke band wagon around the early Y2k area. The current two strokes are all off road only and can only produce so much emissions per gal. of fuel it burns. My point was simply that with such little weight the Twin 350 woulda made a crazy fast mod for that bike.
                I didnt think Id be spendin 2 pages having to explain the obvious.
                Joker
                sigpic

Comment

Comment

Not to add fuel to the fire but in allot of areas there are no emissions checks to license a vehicle my area being one of them. I could license a 2 stroke bike (as long as it had lights and such) anytime.
                    - 04' Kat 600 (my reliable bike)
                    - 01' R6 (my fun bike)
                    - 00' Cavalier (my POS daily driver)

Comment

Originally posted by dark_storm83 View Post
                      Not to add fuel to the fire but in allot of areas there are no emissions checks to license a vehicle my area being one of them. I could license a 2 stroke bike (as long as it had lights and such) anytime.
                      Kewl I lived in FLA back way when and we had emission but no inspection at the time. And Im not doubting there are areas that still allow it. But I know they have really cracked down on it since the millinium Manufacturer wise.

But around here in PA,especially for cars. They arent havin none of that lol! They do both yearly and its getting tougher, As far as bikes being street legal, Barring the older street bikes that were made that way Id assume not. I got a few buddies over at DOT. Outta curiosity Ill askem about it and Relay there thoughts.

Honestly tho, Slipping it into a street frame as a Mod. I doubt that you would have a ton of issues with getting caught with it. You can register the frame (as a 4 stroke stock bike) then slip in the power plant. I doubt most LEOs would know the differnce as they rode by. I dont/havent taken mine for inspections and never seem to have a problem about it cop wise. So long as the reg. is clean and there is proof of insurance. And you Obviously have your Bike endorsments. Some times ya catchem checkin it out!

Originally posted by "K" View Post

OMG thats AWSHUM! DUDE you exactly caught my mood that night lol!
                      Last edited by JokerZwild; 11-21-2009, 12:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      Joker
                      sigpic

Comment

Bet a built rz-350 will out run it ....with kenny on it

Comment

Originally posted by dark_storm83 View Post
                          Same here, I could register whatever I wanted.
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I could feasibly build one and register it here with no problems. The problem comes when just ONE out of the cops that I pass every day notices that it sounds like a 2 stroke. It only takes one guy to get the bike towed, impounded, and buried in fines.
                            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                              The problem comes when just ONE out of the cops that I pass every day notices that it sounds like a 2 stroke.
                              Yep, a motorcycle that sounds like a weedwhacker is a dead giveaway It would be a lot of fun though.
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i love it

Comment

Working...
                                X