X

katana 600 gsxf issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katana 600 gsxf issues

So I bought this 97 katana gsx600f about 2 weeks ago. Well I went for a ride about 30 mins from my house and as I was making my way back home, my horn blinkers odometer and instrument lights stopped working. Only thing working is headlight speedometer and fuel gauge works. I've been trying everything I know possible to figure out what's wrong....can someone please t help me or guide me to the right direction of what to do please. Thanks for reading

have you checked the fuses?
    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
    2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Yeah I've checked them had one blown changed it and still nothing

Comment

Check the 25 amp fuse, it is your main power fuse. Then check to see if it's a negative or power issue. ( use a meter, test the dead circuit for voltage using the frame as a negative). If you have a positive voltage then it's a negative issue. No voltage, check the instrument panel plugs and plugs under the tank. Also check the small plug in negative wire at the battery, it is the loom negative circuit.
        Last edited by 92xjunker; 03-07-2016, 07:57 PM.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

So I fixed the issues with the lights and odometer not working but somehow when I hooked everything back up my left turn signal is now on my neutral light and is dim as hell and all I took apart was the right turn signal on the fairing.

Comment

WTF? Clean all the connections, sounds like corrosion problems or a grounding problem
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Yeah I don't get it lol and the weather is starting to be nice here in wv and I wanna make sure my bike is road ready

Comment

Working...
              X