X

fuel line and vacuum line hook up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel line and vacuum line hook up

Can I get a little help please. I had my bike apart for over a year and I have forgotten how to connect the fuel and vacuum lines. I think I have the fuel lines right (one to each side of the petcock and one to each of the fuel rails?). But what about the vacuum line. It looks like there are a couple of vacuum ports on the bottom of the tank but which one gets the vacuum line hooked to it? Should it be the one on the petcock? And then where does that line connect to the carbs? Thanks for any help.

ok your vacuum line should connect at the backside of the petcock and connect to your # 4 carb. the connection on the crab is on the very far side and it gets routed across the top of the carbs. and those port holes you see on the bottom of the tank are not vacuum lines there vent holes. most kats have tubes that connect to those and run to the bottom of the bike not connected to anything. if you dont have those tubes for that dont fret or freak they are not necessary.

Comment

poscarguy

Thanks! Your description is so clear I know exactly what to do and thanks for clearing things up about the other ports on the bottom of the tank.

Comment

Thanks also, apparently mine was hooked up wrong when I got it! It was hooked up to the cap drain? WOW
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
        Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
        R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
        1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
        RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
        3BBB turn signal mirrors,
        Black painted seat and rear trim,
        Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

this may help as well