X

Best way to ship a Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to ship a Kat?

Looks like I will end up selling my Kat. If it doesn't go locally (ends up on here or ebay) how would you guys/gals recommend shipping it if the buyer is farther away than I would want to trailer it?

Thanks in advance.

Josh
    Thanks to KR, everytime I look at my bike, my wallet screams "NOOOOOOOoooooo"

fed ex.

j/k most bike sellers on ebay make the buyer responsible for getting it home. there are services that will transport large items bikes cars ect but they are pretty expensive. maybe offer to deliver within a certain radius.

Comment

Sorry, the page you were looking for may have been moved or is no longer available. Please use one of the links below.

I hear great things about them.

Comment

Best service, least hassle: forward air

Lowest cost: contact Joel Bachman at [email protected], or call him at 800 323 5441 x1303 and get a rate terminal-to-terminal. You'll be responsible for palleting the bike for transport (unless he has a method I'm not familiar with for transporting whole bikes) and getting it to your local trucking terminal (or visa-versa, ride to the terminal and pallet it up there).

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks guys.

forward air has a location in st. louis , but I'd have to get a pallet from work or make my own container since it doesn't have containers, no biggie, gives me a reason to break out the power tools

Comment

Originally posted by jp1
            forward air has a location in st. louis , but I'd have to get a pallet from work...
            I thought forward air included the crate in their basic service?

Might also want to check with www.motorcycleexpress.com, haulbikes.com, funtransport.com, motorcycleshippers.com and sendcycle.com

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

sorry cp, I just went by:
              Examination Site? No
              Container Station? No

on their website and took that to mean they didn't have them. After calling them, they do have them, but it's a two week wait to have one at the terminal to be ready for me to ship if needed.

Either way, thanks for all the places to check, they'll come in handy if the need does actually arise, I never knew there were so many choices to ship motorcycles.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                Originally posted by jp1
                forward air has a location in st. louis , but I'd have to get a pallet from work...
                I thought forward air included the crate in their basic service?

Might also want to check with www.motorcycleexpress.com, haulbikes.com, funtransport.com, motorcycleshippers.com and sendcycle.com

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                www.motorcyclexpress.com this isn't it but looks like a good place to get a trike

Comment

Originally posted by the wind
                  www.motorcyclexpress.com this isn't it but looks like a good place to get a trike
                  I'm guessing the site I bookmarked a number of years back changed names and the place that's there now has no correlation. Opppss!

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I bought my Kat via ebay ... I used JC Motors .... they were very good and price competitive. I would recommend them highly!!

Good Luck!!
                    Not as lean, not as mean but still a Marine!

Comment

Working...
                    X