X

front signals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front signals

Do I need to take the farings completley off to change the front signal housings?? I am changing them from the orange to red.
    Lance
    2005 Kat 600

I hate to be a smart-azz, but look at the new one....then look at what is on your bike. do you think you can get your hand in there to do it wothout removing the fairing? if you think so...then the answer is no. if you think you can't...then the answer is yes.

i can't tell you cuz i don't own the same bike....but i have to remove mine to remove a flasher.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

You don't have to, if you have small hands and can work in a tight space. Otherwise, the fairing needs to come off.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

i'd say yes - you have to remove the fairings - then the inner panel.
        if you have a right angle screw driver it may be possible to get the inner panel off - i don't remember how tight it is.

i kept my CA's in the box until it was time to tear the bike down for the winter tune up & chassis check.

tim

Comment

how big a job is it to remove the fairings on those kats? i can swap both my flashers out in under 10 minutes. I can have all fairings/plastics off in 15 tops, and sitting nicely on the floor to allow access to everything.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Here you go, was in the same situation last year, asked the same question and got some great help. My last comment on the thread was my experience, really easy bro!

Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

I just put Clear Alternatives Lenses on a couple of months ago.

All that is necessary to remove is the Left and Right inner fairings.
              Otherwise there is plenty of room. Oh yes. Un plug the signal lights first. It just makes it a bit easier.

I also took a couple of clear LED. lights and mounted them in the back side of the lenses while I had them off. I wired them to the daytime running light, as a night time marker light.
              I looks pretty cool.
              "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

I've done it with them in place using a stubby screwdriver and subsequently using a 90 degree screwdriver (the short one Craftsman includes in all their screwdriver kits). Turning the steering all the way to the other side gives me the space to get my arm down there. Is it simple? Nope, gotta do it by feel, by you can get the whole blinker assembly out that way.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Its alot easier to remove the fairings.. my wife has really small hands and even she had a hard time getting her hand up to the screws that hold the lens on to change them out with me when I put on the CA lens.

It takes a few minutes to remove the bolts for the fairings, but its alot less hassle in the end, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                  X