X

Collision Coverage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collision Coverage

I'm curious how many people actually carry collision coverage on your insurance. Short of a bent frame I seem to think that I can fix most damages to the bike myself for less than the 600-700 dollar a year difference on my insurance premiums, not to mention the 100 dollar deductable. Looking for input....
    None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
    -Robert Morrison

"
    well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

I do it. not because I have too but because I get a reasonably good rate and I dont have the means where I live to be able to do major work on a bike anyways. Basic maint yes, but major work of that nature, not at this point.

Comment

Re: Collision Coverage

Originally posted by philwecksr
      I'm curious how many people actually carry collision coverage on your insurance. Short of a bent frame I seem to think that I can fix most damages to the bike myself for less than the 600-700 dollar a year difference on my insurance premiums, not to mention the 100 dollar deductable. Looking for input....
      I don't carry it.....but i can fix myself. But if i couldn't fix myself, it would have hurt like hell when the old lady (a real old lady...not a spouse) knocked my bike over and did $2300+ in damage. I probably would have scrapped the bike. Fortunately, I could...and did for $300. $2k went into my pocket.

How's that for input?
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Thats the whole key right there.. u can make out like a bandit if you have the means to fix the problems yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
          Thats the whole key right there.. u can make out like a bandit if you have the means to fix the problems yourself.
          hell ya. that mishap paid the way to buy myself all sorts of goodies.

Comment

i dont just because i cant afford it.but i did get theft

Comment

I need to check what it would cost..
              Sure I don't have much in the Kat..
              But it would royally suck to crash it and
              not get any cash...

I did get theft.. crimminy it was only $30/year!!

Comment

It's suprising it's that cheep....you ever hot wired one of these things? Your done and out in less then 15 seconds...

Comment

Originally posted by rwcreigh
                  i dont just because i cant afford it.but i did get theft
                  well if you use your head, theft can be as good as full coverage in the right situation. if i am involved in an accident that requires a police report....and it is my fault....well, i am out a bike or repair costs.
                  BUT....if i am on a back road....or anywhere actually, that i wreck my bike severly enough that it would cost too much to fix out of pocket...and no police report is required, then the bike "disappears". it will go into my shop and out comes the impact gun and torches. all parts that are "non traceable" will go on ebay, the motor will get stashed until things cool down enough for me to bring it out and stick it in a go-kart or something, and the frame will be cut down enoughto fit in a duffle bag ...and it will go "fishing" with me someday and accidently fall overboard. Then I call the cops and report my bike stolen.

but hey...that's just me.

Comment

*filed for future blackmail*

Comment

theft coverage on a bike that doesn't run....report it and you get a new bike...haha oh wait insurance fraud is a felony.... hmmm Not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by brett
                        theft coverage on a bike that doesn't run....report it and you get a new bike...haha oh wait insurance fraud is a felony.... hmmm Not for me.
                        it's only a felony if you get caught. be smart...keep your mouth shut and resist the urge to brag how you screwed the insurance company, and all will be fine.

i will go on record here and now to say that I have never done such a thing myself cuz i never wrecked a bike. it is purely speculation and imagination.
                        BUT if i was to do that someday, I would not feel so bad about it after 25 years of insuring an average of 3 vehicles per year without ever filing a claim that i was responsible for.

Comment

Haha makes me think of the cbr that guy found in that parking lot. File for an abandoned title. Put theft coverage on it etc. Wait a couple months. "abandon" it and report it haha. New bike. Funny how most places don't require to see the bike/car before they insure it or w/e.

Comment

Originally posted by brett
                            Haha makes me think of the cbr that guy found in that parking lot. File for an abandoned title. Put theft coverage on it etc. Wait a couple months. "abandon" it and report it haha. New bike. Funny how most places don't require to see the bike/car before they insure it or w/e.
                            never "abandon" it. too much risk that a good sameriten will find it and call it in to the cops. then it will get returned to you and it will create a hassle with insurance if they already paid you.
                            totally "disappear" altogether is the only way to go......impact gun, torches and a deep lake.

Comment

If someone stole it and totaled it you still get the money for it they keep the bike.....

Comment

Working...
                              X