X

Can the GSX650F beat the R6?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tzortn View Post
    You guys are missing the point of the comparison. They did not want to compare "apples to apples". The point was that you may want to put your ego in check and consider the less powerful and costly 650GSXF because it makes more sense for general street riding. The guy admitted that the YZF out performed the GSXF, but the GSXF was easier to ride in bad conditions and was more comfortable for everyday use.
    It's ALL about ego and personal budget
    I guess if everyone on this board got the chance to swap bikes at no costs (so not having to pay it, nor maintain it, buy gas, pay insurance and taxes aso) most off us would be wondering why in hell this board was ever named Katriders, sure there weren't much kats around anymore.
    (sure enough allso a group off former Katriders regretting they swapped their Kat....)
    The new Kat is a mediocre performer in allmost any aspect, but it's allso a forgiving and easy to ride bike with a relatively high and complete comfortlevel, which does not apply to the YZF or any other SS-bike.
    So comparing apples and oranges but since it's done from a certain point off view (real world usability) it's ok with me.

Comment

the f4i isn't made anymore, as this comparo is between new bikes...

One of the magazines will eventually get the 650f in a group test, so we'll get to see what the new "Kanditana" is made of...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Wilson View Post
        Did and done....many years ago youngin'

dont make me break your kneecaps grandpa
        2002 GSX-R750
        2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

Nice find AC! I really like the look of that new Kat in that video. Yes I said new Kat all you newbs!
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
            Ahh but in the real world which one gets you more girls??

Good vid Animal! Thanks for sharing.

Psshh, If it has fairings girls love it, they dont care about hp and weight.

02 Kat 750
            00 civic
            98 accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by blackzc View Post

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by allblackkat View Post
                the f4i isn't made anymore, as this comparo is between new bikes...

ahhh! ..............................

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                  Ahh but in the real world which one gets you more girls??

Good vid Animal! Thanks for sharing.

LOL... of course the 650f.. duh

Comment

Originally posted by blackzc View Post
                    hehe and if they have boobs, we love them.
                    (but still care a little about weight)

Sorry for my s h i t t y english, but i'm danish.

My bike... http://kortlink.dk/4dsu
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OBrian-DK View Post
                      hehe and if they have boobs, we love them.
                      (but still care a little about weight)
                      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

just read (quickly for now!) the review in the uk mag "performance bikes" (aka PB!) and they gave it a glowing writeup!

Comment

I had said it was a bandit but it sure does look like a katana...

In defense of the SS bikes... I have both the K6 katana 750 and K6 GSXR1000 and I can honestly say the gixxer is a comfortable bike. I'll leave at 8:00am in the morning and not get back until 5:00pm with no complaints... Great bike that doesn't wear me out trying to ride it fast...
                          "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

My Gixxer 750 is 95% as comfortable as my katana was and about 500 times easier to live with while riding
                            2002 GSX-R750
                            2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

Care to elaborate on that? What makes it easier to live with?
                              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                                Care to elaborate on that? What makes it easier to live with?
                                It's not as heavy when it's on top?
                                '06 600 Katana
                                http://www.facebook.com/herb.wright
                                Official Member of the I Own A 98+ But I Think Pre's Look Good Also Club

Originally posted by Kreylyn
                                Okay.... Have you have figured out some way to make the bottom of your bike and the top of the bike closer together... maybe put it under a steam roller or something?

Comment

Working...
                                X