X

Oil in Intake Manifold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil in Intake Manifold

After doing a seemingly standard air filter change, I noticed their was a small amount of oil on the lower part of my old filter. Concerned, I grabbed a flashlight and looked into the intake manifold. It looks like there is a thin layer of oil running from the #1 and #4 carbs. Bike has been sitting winterized since the last day of August (College Student). When I did my last oil change I believe I put a little to much oil in. In your opinion could that be the culprit or is this something else? Is there anything I can test I can preform? Im thinking about taking the bike out of hibernation tomorrow just to figure this out.

Heres some pictures of whats going on.

thats normal as far as i can tell. unless it smells anything like fuel, the crankcase breather comes from the top. oil vapor is good but actual oil pooling is not, oil vapor is good it keeps the diaphrams in the carbs quiet.

Comment

Completely normal.

It's why the air box has a drain line.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks to clearing that up for me guys, it's my first bike so I'm still learning.

Comment

I just found that drain line this last weekend. It wasn't connected, and both the nipple and hose were jammed with oily sand. The bottom has a plug and it should be removed to let the gunk puke out periodically.
          2006 GSX600F

Comment

Just remember to put the plug back in with it's clip once it's finished puking

Comment

Working...
            X