No announcement yet.
X

Paddock Stands?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, the size of the bolt is 10mm x 1.25 pitch.

Comment

I strap 2 5 gallon buckets with water to the grab bar does the trick every time.
      Ride like it's your last ride
      sigpic

Comment

So I have the center stand on the bike, mostly. The center stand came with 2 springs. One is larger in diameter than the other.

It's pretty obvious where one of the springs go, there's 1 hook on the stand, and one on the bike. Not sure which of the two springs goes there though.

I also have no idea where the other spring goes, once the first is on.

Any pointers?

Comment

There's an inner and outer spring. They both hook to the same point on the center stand and frame. Good luck getting them on

Comment

Thanks! They're going to require maximum elbow grease.

Comment

Originally posted by Seca-Seca! View Post
              There's an inner and outer spring. They both hook to the same point on the center stand and frame. Good luck getting them on
              Also, (I know this is months late) on my pre98 I had a boomerang hook/bracket that the springs hook onto one end and it hooks onto a pin welded on the frame. I also had to buy frame bushings for the bolts....

I just tie-downed my bike to my lift in the wheelie position while on center stand...then I wedged some 4X4's under frame near front. I had both wheels off at the same time.
              2004 KTM 525 EXC
              2004 KTM 200 EXC
              1990 Suzuki GSX600F
              1978-1/2 AMF/H-D Low Rider 1200

Comment

Working...
              X