Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Whats your "Most ridiculous getting pulled over story"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had my jeep out having some fun with a few friends and got it absolutely covered in mud. After which I was at a stop sign and evidently a huge chunk of mud dropped from my inner wheel well onto my drivers side rear tire. When I went to pull out the mud evidently got lodged in my tread and then launched onto the hood and windshield of a local police car. He flipped the disco lights and ended up warming me about not having fender flares that covered the whole tire. No fine but I did have to fork out 400 bucks for flares and take my jeep to the police station to show I had it done.

Comment

So a roadster is illegal where you live?

Comment

in PA wheels/tires cant stick out past the sides of the vehicle body, also, theres prohibitions on dragging mud/dirt/gook off 4x4 stuff onto the road...

See My Garage for mods...
        T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
        Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Originally posted by dlmerdian View Post
          I've got a pretty strange one. It was about 9 at night and I was going to the gas station in my neighborhood maybe half a mile from my house. Right as I pulled out into the street there was a car coming down the road behind me. I went and headed down the street making 5 or 6 turns on the way to the gas station. This car is riding my bumper the whole time. I finally sped up to about 45 on a neighborhood road to get away from the car. BAD IDEA. Lights came on and I found out exactly what type of car was tailing me. Cop comes up and asked if I knew how fast I was going. Of course I knew how fast I was going, but I wasn't about to tell him that. He asked for my license and registration. I handed it to him. He turned around and walked about 2 steps and stopped. Then he turned back to me and told me it wasn't that big of a deal and it was his fault for being a jerk and riding my bumper . Never even gave me a warning. Just let me go. Still kinda confused about the whole thing
          Sometimes cops will pull over bikes just to check out your "paperwork" (motorcycle op lic, ins, registration-especially if your running a temp tag).
          The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

My boyfriend and I were cruising on a back road once, in separate cars, with me and front and I got clocked doing 73 and in a 45. He was right behind me but of course the cop pulled me over and my boyfriend drove past us.
            I got the ticket and an additional one for not having my license, which was conveniently in my boyfriends car. The cop asked me what my boyfriends name was so he could "mail him his ticket", which I obviously refused. So he tacked on another ticket to be a douche, I can't even remember what it was, something borderline retarded. As I started driving away a few miles down the road I saw my boyfriend pulled over on the side of the road, waiting for me! Idiot! I guess, "fearing his life" he had pulled over to wait for me, lol, what a dummy. The cop pulled right behind him and gave him the exact same ticket - 73 in a 45. He also received a ticket for no seat belt, which is insane since the car was parked and he took it off. If you knew him, you'd know what a nag he is about seat belts! Lol.
            In the end we fought them both, his was dismissed because a radar cannot clock two speeds within that short of an amount of time and to be fair he was going a little slower, lol like 69ish. He can't usually keep up
            They also dismissed the seat belt and my additional tickets except for the speeding. I got 55 in a 45. Not too shabby.

Comment

I got pulled over on my first bike for having no glasses or shield, when I was a teen. For him to find out I had no motorcycle license, no tags, no inspection, no insurance. I told him I was just taking it home. He said to get it there and that he didn't want to see me again. I said yes sir, not a problem. and went on my way.

Comment

I was driving a friend home late one night. I was exhausted to the point where i was starting to swerve a little so i stopped that the nearest 711 and grabbed a coffee. Once I pulled out of the 711 parking lot I immediately saw flashing lights. The officer had followed me to the 711 after he saw me swerving and assumed that not only was I driving intoxicated but that i stopped at the 711 to pick up more boos. Once he saw that wasn't the case he let me go with just a warning to get some sleep.

Comment

I was in my brand new '96 Impala SS driving in socal. I wasn't use to driving such a big car and I almost ran over a CHP motorcycle officer!

Yup, I switch lanes and didn't see him in the right lane. I heard some bleat bleat sound and then saw him swerving away from my car, his bike maybe inches away from my drivers side passenger door.

He was scared $hitless. He stammered out if I didn't see him or was just being inattentative. I apologized profusely as I really felt terrible. He was shaking and didn't give me a ticket. Hell, he didn't even give me a warning. Those who live in CA know that when you get pulled over, 99.99% of the time, you WILL get a ticket.

Comment

I was pulled only once on a motorcycle. Well, sort of…
                    Back in 1987, me (16yo) and my little brother (14yo) on our small home town…
                    I was riding pillion on our granddad’s 50cc zundapp moped. We both had 50cc permits but I was without a helmet that time. We here heading home and saw the police car a few blocks in front of us. My brother stopped and I jumped off and walked home in another direction. As I turned the corner next home there they were all waiting for me, the cops, my brother and my dad… It was not a nice speech…
                    Looking back, it was quite stupid as one of the cops lived next door and the police station was a couple of blocks away. They were quite nice guys and there are a lot of funny stories concerning kids who lived nearby and cops back then…

Comment

Pulled over for doin 120mph in a 55. He asked how fast i was goin, i said 120, he said he clocked me at 125. jokingly i said, "Well i guess my speedometer is off a little bit." I knew i was already in trouble so i figured i'd throw some humor in the mix. Came back with ticked for 75 in a 55, told me since i have a clean record he'll go easy.
                      I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

He was so full of knowlege it's astounding
                      Reading the news, my heart was pounding.
                      My prayers go out to his family & friends.
                      He is the best there was and ever been.
                      RIP Marc "Cyberpoet" Glasgow

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                        ...like 69ish. He can't usually keep up

Sorry sometimes out of context quotes are just funny.
                        Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

Originally posted by SGTJimbo_Kat600 View Post
                          Sorry sometimes out of context quotes are just funny.
                          That's a relief. Thought I was the only one thinking that.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

So, picture....

I'm 22, long long blond hair, driving a 67 Mustang with airshocks, 16" wide rims with low profile tires on the back, primered black, and a really bad exhaust system so it was alot louder than it should have... (just bought it to fix up and that is how it came... )

Basically... it really lead to the illusion that this thing was fast...

Fact...

Engine was shot, tranny was shot... it would barely hit 55mph, and you didn't want to stay there cause the front end tie rods were shot... and it was all over the place over 50.... so...

It's 4am and I'm driving one street over from main... main way through town taking this girl I was sorta with at that time home. Speed limit is 20. I put the auto tranny in 2nd so it won't shift over, and wasn't even on the peddle at all.. . just letting idle carrry it along at about 23 mph.

Blue lights...

Pull over, officer walks up and asks for DL and papers, then asks... "Know how fast you were going?..."..

Me: "about 20-25... *point at the shifter still in 2nd* that is where I left it the whole time and didn't have my foot on the peddle. Why do you ask?"

Officer: " I clocked you doing about 50 back there... "

Me, very very loudly to the officer... "WHAT! The Fing car won't fing do fing 50 on the fing interstate in top fing gear!... It's a POS! You drive the damn thing, and if you can get it to go 50, I'll pay you just for fixing the GD thing!"

Officer: "Walks off without saying anything with the DL and insurance...."

Results: Comes back after seeing I'm not wanted or for that matter, have any history at all (not even a prior speeding ticket) and tells me to slow it down and lets me go...

I was serious about the paying him to have fixed it though. I guess he changed his mind when he got a closer look at it...

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I had a bad head cold one day and I was doing some maintenance to our company rock crusher. I was welding in a building with the welding cables under the door, the welder was in the back of my company F-350 outside.

I needed something from the yard, which was a 2 minute drive from the shop I was working at. I hopped in the truck and left. I forgot about the 40 feet of cables behind the truck.

the RCMP was coming the other way and saw the cables dragging as he passed by, he pulled a 180 and chased me to the shop. He was , but he didn't give me a ticket.

Thank you constable Brandt!!

Comment

Two nights ago, I had taken my other bike to work, now the charging system is acting up, and I had been going through it, but I knew there was a chance I'd be walking home, not a big deal really. So Im on my way home and it dies at a main intersection about 2 miles from my house, and as I waddle it over to the sidewalk I see I'm being pulled over. In my head I'm like, Really? The cop pulls up to me and I'm just grinning, he asks whats so funny, and i tell him he just pulled over a bike that doesn't run! We both had a good laugh at that and he turned out to be a good guy, telling me that he'd put out word I was gonna put it in a parking lot and to watch out for it.
                                ----------------------------------
                                1992 GSX600f
                                1976 Z400

www.cityriders.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
                                X