X

Warm weather gear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm weather gear

I am sure that this has already been covered. But, I am too lazy to go through nine pages of forums to find it. I am looking for some warm weather gear (jacket and pants). Can someone give me some recomendations as to what is comfortable and durable. I have suitable cold weather gear, so I don't have to shell out the big bucks for "all weather gear". Any help is appreciated.

Perforated leather is a good way to go. You won't sweat like a pig in the summer (well not too much anyways ) .

I think its good to have leathers and a nice warm weather setup too.. like the JR phoenix lineup for example. Ive got the phoenix pants, jacket and gloves. It's got a good blend of textile and mesh.. armor in all the usual places. Its good quality warm weather riding gear and not hard on the wallet. Check out www.newenough.com , you can find great deals there like always, but especially if you check out their "close out" section.

Comment

Brocktoncycles.com is blowing out all fieldsheer
      stuff.. I use a mixed leather/textile.
      Be advised I bought a 46 jacket.
      Normally I would wear a 42..

Comment

I have the JR alter ego jacket and pants, they both have zip off panels for the warm weather, works for me.
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
          I have the JR alter ego jacket and pants, they both have zip off panels for the warm weather, works for me.
          And can't wait to see you in those

I am waiting to receive my I-con hot pink summer jacket .... don't think it would look good on you .....
          Guylaine
          Try and keep up now

Comment

sky wrote
            No problemo, just tell me when and where
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
              sky wrote
              No problemo, just tell me when and where

Cool it's a date then
              Guylaine
              Try and keep up now

Comment

Thanks for the input. However, I still have two concerns. I currently have JR leather/textile winter gear. It seems to be good quality, but the jacket is too tight in the arms. I tried on cortech gear at the local bike shop. The cortech seems to have a better fit, but I do not konw anything about the quality of this gear. I am also impressed with the JR alter ego gear. But, I was wondering if the full mesh gear is any cooler than the "convertable" alter ego gear. It gets very hot and humid at home. Therefore, If full mesh gear is any cooler that would be my preference. As for the preforated leather, I think that it would be too hot for my needs. Y'all let me know if you have had any experience with the cortech gear, or if anyone else has had problems with the fit of the JR gear. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X