Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How many of us actully have one or two pc. leathers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of us actully have one or two pc. leathers?

If you have a leather suit, when do you get a chance to wear it, being that its so hot in it? Most of the riders wear just a jacket, (textile) at that.
    Fast Eddie

No day is promised, live life to the fullest!!

I bought a set of leather pants and a jacket. They can be hot but once you are moving I don't find them uncomforable. I prefer the leather's superior abrasion resistance.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

2pce leather. Always wear it. Never hot until I stop for gas.

Keep cool....ride faster!

Comment

Originally posted by Junior

Same here. Been wearing a 2pc for the last 2 years now.
        Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
          Originally posted by Junior

Same here. Been wearing a 2pc for the last 2 years now.
          Come to think of it....every Canadian at The Gap last year wore FULL leathers....and if WE can bear the heat and hunidity, you would think you Americans could.

The trick is what you wear UNDERNEATH!

UnderArmour is your friend!

Comment

I have a 1pc suit. I wear it when I am out riding hard. It is never to hot to save yourself from being in a Trama Unit being scrubbed down like a burn vicitim. My theory is Sweat Washes off Road Rash Doesn't.

Now when I am going to work or just riding around town. I wear my leather jacket, pants, riding boots, and gloves.
            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I wear full leathers also.
              I would rather sweat a little than pay the price if I should go down.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

2 pc. leathers, wore them the whole time at the Gap last year and most hard weekend rides at home. i now have a perforated jacket, so the Gap will be a couple degrees cooler this year!

Comment

I plan to get a 2pc set very soon. right now, I just have a jacket and riding shoes.

I do have a question. for the leathers, are they over the clothes? or do I use them in place of clothes? This will be my first set of leathers.

Is there something special I need to look for when I buy leathers?
                  I love my Kat!!
                  2000 burgandy 750

Comment

Originally posted by Katlover13
                    I plan to get a 2pc set very soon. right now, I just have a jacket and riding shoes.

I do have a question. for the leathers, are they over the clothes? or do I use them in place of clothes? This will be my first set of leathers.

I normally wear shorts and a T-shirt underneath. I work in a Assembly plant so there's no real dress code so I can get away with that.

As for things to look for...

Make sure they fit all the armours in the right places etc etc

Get ones with a 360 waist zipper, that way if you do a track day you already have a "track legal" suit
                    Kyle

Comment

Just my 2 cents: For the best protection, they should fit as tightly as possible while still allowing the mobility needed to ride a bike. That means you're wearing over your undies and a t-shirt and movement off the bike can be awkward.

However, for street riding I prefer to have a slightly looser fit allowing me to wear a pair of light shorts under and giving a more natural fit when off the bike. It's a trade off of a small amount of protection for convenience.
                      I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Its good to have both leathers and textile gear IMO. Especially for those of us that have a dress code at work. Kinda hard to keep a dress shirt and nice pants looking good and not full of sweat and wrinkles even if you do strap em down to the bike and change there.. thats where a nice, relaxed fit set of textile pants comes in real handy.

Comment

As Range already said.. UNDERARMOUR is your friend. I wear it under my leathers AT ALL TIMES. If I'm riding to work I pack my work clothes in my backpack and change at work.

Personally, I would suggest purchasing 1-short sleeved shirt, 1-long sleeved shirt (for spring/fall riding) and 1-long legged pant.
                          It is pricey but oooooooh so worth it.

You don't necessarily need to buy the UnderArmour, you can find similar stuff at Walmart and sporting goods stores. But the cheaper stuff doesn't hold up as nicely. You get what you pay for.

REMEMBER - DO NOT DRY YOUR UNDERARMOUR IN THE CLOTHES DRYER!!!
                          It will deteriorate the material and it will shorten the lifespan of the wicking abilities.

Comment

2 pc leathers. I wear them all the time. They are vented, but can still get hot in the summer.

Comment

I have leather pants and a leather jacket. They both worked really well in a couple of get-offs.

Hot as hell in the Tennessee summer, but leather and armor meeting the road beats ME hitting the road any day. Even in the South, the heat's not bad when you're moving at all.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

Working...
                              X