X

Kat 600 vs. 750 handlebars...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat 600 vs. 750 handlebars...

I noticed the other day sitting on a Kat 750 that the bars felt like they were at least an inch higher. I have yet to look closely at the microfiche for part numbers. Does anyone know if there is a difference and how much? And if there is, how much work would it be to put the clipons from a 750 onto a 600?

The part where I see the difference is the part that actually holds the bar (I don't know the actual names of all the parts)...
    -Tiny

'05 Katana 600

they bars are diffrent

Comment

Yes, the 750 bars sit higher than the 600. I have 750 bars on my 600. You will have to lower the front of your bike about 1/2 inch for them to sit right on the forks.

They are more comfortable to me. Not much work really. And the black handle bars themselves transfer right over.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Originally posted by Court93Kat
        Yes, the 750 bars sit higher than the 600. I have 750 bars on my 600. You will have to lower the front of your bike about 1/2 inch for them to sit right on the forks.

They are more comfortable to me. Not much work really. And the black handle bars themselves transfer right over.
        If it makes a difference, I have an '05 600 and the 750 I sat on was an '02. I just looked at the microfiche for parts and they look completely different; like it would be a ton of work to swap over. Would I just be better off lowering the front end of my kat an inch or so?
        -Tiny

'05 Katana 600

Comment

It's really not that much work to do it. You just unscrew that large center nut, loosen the bolts holding the top clamp to the fork tubes, unplug the ignition cylinder, then take out the bolts holding the handlebars to the triple and pull the bars out and take off the triple. I know it sounds like a lot, but it really isn't. Unless they really changed up the design from a pre-98 to a 98+. You can go with any year from 98+. Oh... one last thing. The brake line from the master cylinder to the "T" will be too short. Something to remember.

If you just want to lower the front end. Go ahead. Just don't go too far, and only do one side at a time. That way the one fork is holding the bike up for you. I would only go 1/2 inch at first and see how you like it. If you go too much, it will mess up your handling. But a little will actually help your handling.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
          who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
          X